Monopoly Empire» Forums » Rules

Subject: Free Parking loophole rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tiffany V.
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
So my 10-year-old son seems to have found a loophole in the rules in this game. When you land on Free Parking, there is a trip option: pay $100k,and take a trip to any space on the board. If you pass Go, collect your salary.

So what's to stop you from taking a trip back to Free Parking, collecting your salary as you pass Go (assuming it's over $100k), and repeating again and again? You can pretty much bankrupt the bank doing this, and if you have built your billboard up enough, you can buy all the extra floors you need to win.

Anyone see anything in the rules to prevent this? They seem very vague to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Retallack
msg tools
Well it does say "advance", right? You can't "advance" from Free Parking to Free Parking. That would be standing still. You can only collect your money from passing GO if you actually had to pass GO in order to reach the space you're advancing to. Otherwise you'd get unlimited money any time the game told you to "advance" anywhere, because you could say you looped around GO infinite times during the advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Fong
United States
Rocky River
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Second Edition rulebook removes the loophole. If you use the Free Parking trip option, it must be to a different space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
marc tok
msg tools
Where can I find the second edition rule book? Hasbro's site only has the first, I'm pretty sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.