Subject: Ref Movement to tournaments rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jett Rink
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Hi all,
Received my copy of Foul Play today (Whoop whoop) and arranging a game for the weekend.
I had a question regarding the Ref movement.

If the revealed Spike! Magazine card is a tournament card, does the ref move onto that card in the same way that he moves onto (and may end movement on) any other matchup?

The text in the rules states
"If the corrupt ref is at the matchup nearest to the Spike! Magazine deck and has more spaces to move, he moves to the matchup furthest from the Spike! Magazine deck..."

My interpretation is that the Ref DOES move onto the tournament card. I just wasn't sure whether a tournament is strictly referred to as a matchup.

Many thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Gambetti
Italy
Bolzano
flag msg tools
designer
And plastic for the Plastic Throne!
badge
No! This is not a board game, but Stanislao Moulinsky in one of his best disguises!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say you're doing it right: on page 3 of the rulebook you can see a "Ref Movement Example" which removes any doubt.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paddy Schell
Germany
flag msg tools
Yes, you can. As mentioned before, the example shows a movement that includes the grand tournament. Also the Spike deck is the face-down pile from which you draw future tournaments, which is the one next to the face-up grand tournament.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jett Rink
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
I totally missed the "Ref movement Example" on page 3 of the rulebook! No idea how I didn't see that.
I need to learn to open my eyes!
Cheers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.