Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Ahlers
Germany
Berlin
Neukölln
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I have a big doubt, I have look in the rule forum for an answer but I didn't find anything that can resolve my doubt.

¿ When you exchange ambassadors, are you allow to cross through your allied hexes without breaking the diplomacy?

The rule states: "Moving your ships to a hex where the other player has a disc or a ship is also considered an attack"

My interpretation is that I can cross if I don't finish my move in a hex that belongs to my allied. So if I cross a allied hex without being pinned and I don't end my move on it then I don't loose the diplomacy. ¿Is that correct?

Also another question arise: ¿You can't finish on a hex of your allied in the combat phase or at any moment of the game?

Sorry for my English, y Hope someone could answer my doubt.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sataranji
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
muahlers wrote:
¿ When you exchange ambassadors, are you allow to cross through your allied hexes without breaking the diplomacy?

The rule states: "Moving your ships to a hex where the other player has a disc or a ship is also considered an attack"

My interpretation is that I can cross if I don't finish my move in a hex that belongs to my allied. So if I cross a allied hex without being pinned and I don't end my move on it then I don't loose the diplomacy. ¿Is that correct?

That is not correct. Crossing through your allies' sector is also considered a hostile act and thus breaks your diplomatic relations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niklas Brandt
Sweden
Stockholm
Skärholmen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sataranji wrote:
muahlers wrote:

That is not correct. Crossing through your allies' sector is also considered a hostile act and thus breaks your diplomatic relations.

The base game offers diplomatic relations and these follow the rules Sataranji states.

The expansion "Rise of the Ancients" offers alliances which, among other things, lets you pass through and stay in allied hexes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter O
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Think of the base game "diplomatic relations" as a non-aggression pact and not an alliance. Sort of like in Star Trek the Federation shouldn't enter the neutral zone, and doing so constitutes an act of war. Alliances are only really supported in the expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Ahlers
Germany
Berlin
Neukölln
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Ok, Now is clear for me!!!

Thanks a lot for the quick reply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.