Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris K
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Just got the game and must say the counters and mapboards are great, but ......

I am setting up scenario 1 for a learning game. The Scenario calls for 6 of the independent 88AT coys, but I can only find four on the counter sheets. I am using some from the divisions not in use but having only four for the big campaign is not going to be nice. Anyone find more of these units on their counter sheets?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MaNey wrote:
Just got the game and must say the counters and mapboards are great, but ......

I am setting up scenario 1 for a learning game. The Scenario calls for 6 of the independent 88AT coys, but I can only find four on the counter sheets. I am using some from the divisions not in use but having only four for the big campaign is not going to be nice. Anyone find more of these units on their counter sheets?

Hi Chris,

Looking at my scenario rulebook, scenario 1, page 26...I only see 4 independent companies in the following hexes (maybe I'm blind):

C4923 - 1 x 88AT Coy
C5025 - 1 x 88AT Coy
C5325 - 1 x 88AT Coy
C5622 - 1 x 88AT Coy

The 88AT z-step in hexes C5424 and C5521 are Zero-step units...not companies. And also I counted 9 x 88Flak Companies.

NOTE: I'm assuming that for Germany Heavy AT symbol = German 88AT and Regular AT Symbol = German 75AT gun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Youst
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
designer
Correct Peter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris K
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Peter,

You are correct but the z-step units are on the back of the 88AT coy counters, so if I only have 4 88AT coys I can only field a combination of 4 88AT coys/z-step units. The combat values of the 88 Flak is different than the 88AT, so i can't just substitute the Flak for the AT. I don't have the counters right in front of me but I do remember that the 88AT has a greater "AT" value than the Flak (7 vs 6) and I believe the attack and defense factors are marginally better on the AT unit.

There are tons of 75AT coy counters so no issues there.

Thanks for the fast reply by the way.
Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MaNey wrote:
Peter,

You are correct but the z-step units are on the back of the 88AT coy counters, so if I only have 4 88AT coys I can only field a combination of 4 88AT coys/z-step units. The combat values of the 88 Flak is different than the 88AT, so i can't just substitute the Flak for the AT. I don't have the counters right in front of me but I do remember that the 88AT has a greater "AT" value than the Flak (7 vs 6) and I believe the attack and defense factors are marginally better on the AT unit.

There are tons of 75AT coy counters so no issues there.

Thanks for the fast reply by the way.
Chris

Hi Chris,

You are correct, there are only 4 x 88AT Coys in the game that are independent (Countersheet #2 has two and Countersheet #13 has additional two). However #4 has two additional 88AT Coys, though one belongs to 85th Division and one to 272th Division...that should fix it for you

Perhaps it's the wording in the scenario description that needs correction so that other people don't get confused. Perhaps, if one day Joe decides that AW needs few counters replaced due to errata - he can add few more 88AT Coys to the mix

Cheers!

Peter
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris K
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
That's the way I am doing it. Using the 88AT from divisions not in play for scenario 1. I think I read somewhere, can't remember where, that when breaking down units you are not limited to the counter mix. I'll just have to make some more 88AT coy counters when I expand to the campaign game.

thanks for your input,
Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.