Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the first time since I have been on Kickstarter in over 2 years that I don't have any irons in the KS fire! There are absolutely no games I am interested in pleding right now. What a strange feeling!

-Ski
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
StevenE Smooth Sailing...
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I finally have no active/open projects but am waiting on a plethora of projects to be delivered... Trying to finish the year without backing anyhing else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. M. Lopez-Cepero "CP"
Spain
Seville
Andalucia
flag msg tools
EU-friendly Kickstarters rule!
badge
"The twilight there holds a serene beauty... You have seen it yourself as the sun sets on this world."
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm almost there, and yes, after about a year with up to 5 backed projects at once, it feels pretty weird! I just need New Dawn to finish (under 3 days now) before Ludicreations launches the two projects they have been teasing, which I'd probably be tempted to back...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
mbmbmbmbmb
Teamski wrote:
This is the first time since I have been on Kickstarter in over 2 years that I don't have any irons in the KS fire! There are absolutely no games I am interested in pleding right now. What a strange feeling!

-Ski

Heh, I've noticed it in the BGG advertising for July as well! My ad billing is way down for the month, and it's mainly due to a lack of Kickstarter activity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. M. Lopez-Cepero "CP"
Spain
Seville
Andalucia
flag msg tools
badge
"The twilight there holds a serene beauty... You have seen it yourself as the sun sets on this world."
mbmbmbmbmb
I dunno about other corners of the world, but activity here in Spain grinds to a halt in August, as many people tend to take the month off for their yearly vacation. Perhaps the idea is delaying major launches until September to avoid that presumably barren month?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathe
United States
Greenfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
http://www.Game-Universe.com
badge
http://www.MinionGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
chaddyboy_2000 wrote:

Heh, I've noticed it in the BGG advertising for July as well! My ad billing is way down for the month, and it's mainly due to a lack of Kickstarter activity.

Might be because I preach not to run KS campaigns right before GenCon but more specifically don't start or end it during GenCon.

I've got a couple campaigns in the hopper but I'm waiting till after GenCon myself. Then you'll get some of my money

James
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm also Kickstarter free at the moment. I've really tried to cut back this year, especially on the multi-hundred dollar Kickstarters. Been fairly good about it.

I'm eyeing New Dawn and Asking for Trobils but at the moment leaning towards not backing. With several KS projects sitting on my dining room table needing to be punched/read and several others coming in the next couple months I really don't need more.

It's like an addiction and I didn't realize how hard it would be to slow down. Actually feels kind of good not having one going right now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hoss Cartwright
United States
California
flag msg tools
Enjoy the time in Vegas with that money. Glad we could help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Keller
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hoss Cartwright wrote:
Enjoy the time in Vegas with that money. Glad we could help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave K
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Love 'em even if a few games get scuttled from time to time.
badge
Meow.
mbmbmbmbmb
A couple ended recently that I was in, but now there's considerably less, I agree. I'm in for Aquasphere but that might be it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Keller
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To stay on topic, the spring was my slow month for backing projects, but it ramped back up in July with Zombicide and New Dawn, among others. I'm hoping it'll slow down again for August, but I know the Compounded expansion is starting on Friday, so that'll be another to add.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
So there is a slowing trend after all. Interesting! I know I will not be able to hold back if and when Car Wars makes it to KS.

-Ski
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Schulz
United States
Hillsboro
OR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also have the resistance expansion and New Dawn, but hoping to try and wait for some to arrive and not back new ones. I went and looked it up, I have nearly 20 currently open. Seems like they ramp up in what would be the appropriate timing for the major conventions of the year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
mbmbmbmbmb
RPGShop wrote:
chaddyboy_2000 wrote:

Might be because I preach not to run KS campaigns right before GenCon but more specifically don't start or end it during GenCon.

I've got a couple campaigns in the hopper but I'm waiting till after GenCon myself. Then you'll get some of my money

James

No doubt it's good advice to heed as well!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Pedersen
Denmark
Copenhagen N.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am backing Secrets of the lost Tomb, but apart from that there is not much of interest on Kickstarter right now.
With the EU friendly announcement for Hostage Negotiator, I might pick that one up as well though...

But I am really trying to cut down. More than 50 games are still to arrive. Why on Earth do I continue supporting new project? Crazy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got a few awesome, big things coming from now until Christmas.

What I'm peeved with, though, is a Kickstarter for a gnome skirmish battle game that's running that looks awesome but they're pretty much running the worst (yet still legit) campaign ever. It's the strangest combination of totally cool and completely uninformative I've ever seen I think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nadim Alam
United Kingdom
Streatham
London
flag msg tools
Hi Guys,

Just wanted to know how you keep a track of new projects in kickstarter/Indiegogo etc...

Is there a subscription thread somewhere that i can subscribe to be notified of new projects just released on KS?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pone McPoneface
United States
Dublin
Ohio
flag msg tools
There is a road, no simple highway, between the dawn and the dark of night, and if you go no one may follow, that path is for your steps alone. Ripple in still water, when there is no pebble tossed, nor wind to blow.
badge
To seek the sacred river Alph, to walk the caves of ice, to break my fast on honey dew and drink the milk of paradise... I had heard the whispered tales of immortality, the deepest mystery, from an ancient book I took a clue.
mbmbmbmbmb
NADIMALAM wrote:
Hi Guys,

Just wanted to know how you keep a track of new projects in kickstarter/Indiegogo etc...

Is there a subscription thread somewhere that i can subscribe to be notified of new projects just released on KS?

Thanks

Subscribing to the following thread will help.

Crowdfunding Announcements thread (Kickstarter, Indiegogo, etc)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nadim Alam
United Kingdom
Streatham
London
flag msg tools
Thanks thats kinda of what i was looking for.

But don't think it has everything or is updated enough

for example its missing tons of games from this year itself including zombicide 3, District-Z etc...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
w m
United States
Antioch
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NADIMALAM wrote:
Hi Guys,

Thanks

Have you tried Pitchfuse.com or Prefundia.com? I haven't but they're supposed to list upcoming campaigns so you can plan for them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Wolfe
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NADIMALAM wrote:
Hi Guys,

Thanks

I maintain a geeklist for all new Kickstarter projects that are in the BGG database: 2014 Kickstarter Boardgame Projects
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. M. Lopez-Cepero "CP"
Spain
Seville
Andalucia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NADIMALAM wrote:

mattwolfe's Geeklist, as linked above, is the best resource here in the Geek, although it's KS-centric.

Other resources that might interest you are the EU-friendly crowdfunding projects geeklist (mostly KS-centric, although I try to add projects in other platforms if I learn about them) and the Kicktraq tabletop games projects list. You can grab the "Latest" RSS and be notified of every new project under the sun - the only (very minor) problem is that the category includes both boardgames and RPGs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
NADIMALAM wrote:
Hi Guys,

Thanks

kickspy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
You know, I think Kickstarter is slowing down now that the big game companies are using it as a pre-order system. I know that this has had a big impact on my interest personally. The value you get for your KS buck isn't what it was just a year ago. I think that project leaders of the big house game manufacturers are far more cautious now about how much free stuff is given out after seeing how much of a loss leader some of the other projects were. As far as value, I am far more likely to pass on a KS pre-order project than a grass roots one. Serpent's tongue excited me a hell of a lot more than Alhambra Big Box, a game that you are far more likely to get a better deal online than supporting a KS MRSP! That said, I did support the Escape! KS project as I didn't have the game in the first place and there was a lot of added game content. However, after a while the pre-orders went pretty damn flat and I left my finger off the mouse button, even the ones that gave out free games in hopes of emptying warehouses!

-Ski
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nadim Alam
United Kingdom
Streatham
London
flag msg tools
Thanks guys for the suggestions i will take a look at them all!

@Team Ski, i don't necessarily think what you say is true. I reckon the projects have even more backers from say a year ago. Take Zombicide for example, every time it multiplies its number of backers and pledge total to insane amounts. Even smaller projects like District-Z which couldn't be a success last time are going full steam ahead this year, earning amounts that the creators were not prepared for!

Im sure there are the opposite examples aswell like you said, but generally all the ones I've backed or seen have been doing extremely well.

I find a big incentive to back KS projects, I'm still not sure why! I end up spending a ton of money on projects cause of all the extras, expansions etc... where as if it was a normal release in the shop i might have not even looked at the box! Also even if i liked it in the shop at most i would only purchase the base game! Say $50, but cause of KS it pushes me to spend $300+ and get everything especially the exclusive stuff even if i may not ever use it! Yes i hate myself for it but what to do its so addictive
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.