Marc P
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Gloomhaven is a great niche game
mbmbmbmbmb
I just pre-ordered AoS from Thoughthammer (I'm assuming it's just backordered). Any info on whether the current print run is in danger of being depleted? I know other stores carry it, but I wanted to bundle the order with Tempus, which I thought would be the riskier of the two to let dangle in Preorderland.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Webb
United States
Western Mitten
flag msg tools
designer
badge
GET A SILK BAG FROM THE GRAVEYARD DUCK TO LIVE LONGER.
mbmbmbmbmb
Age of Steam is still available in some online shops, but I would not hold out hope that Thoughthammer is going to get more in. Alliance Games Distributors, one of the major wholesalers in the US, currently lists the game as out of stock. This isn't concrete evidence that the supply is drying up, but personally, I would look for another source for the game to be on the safe side.

That second print run which finally showed up in the States last fall/winter was actually printed and released at least 8 months before that in Europe. It took a long time to get to the States due to shipping delays and issues that Ron (Cafe Games owner, importer of Warfrog titles) was having with cash flow at that time.

Basically, the print run is probably starting to become exhausted, and if Alliance is out of them, it means that the other distributors are probably either out as well, or getting there rapidly. IMO you're better off buying it from somewhere else rather than playing "save a few bucks roulette" by ordering it from Thoughthammer when the chances of it being restocked are in question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc P
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Gloomhaven is a great niche game
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Michael. I already dropped the order from Thoughthammer and ordered from Newspiel. Now I'm busy downloading whatever's still free for expansion maps!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.