Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
17 Posts

Assault on Doomrock» Forums » News

Subject: Mysterious Stretch Goal attained! :) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Olivier Prevot
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/assault-on-doomrock-board...
So what do you guys think it is?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
To be honest? I am not even sure that they themselves know. They said that they had a hard time coming up with stretch goals and since they still haven't updated the page, it must have been a placeholder.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olivier Prevot
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Slashdoctor wrote:
To be honest? I am not even sure that they themselves know. They said that they had a hard time coming up with stretch goals and since they still haven't updated the page, it must have been a placeholder.
In that case what would you want it to be?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raphael Pigulla
Germany
Feldkirchen
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm very excited about the game and I think that Tom has made many smart decisions including the way he interacts with the community. Kudos.

That being said, the Indiegogo-campaign was handled very poorly. Only six updates in two months? No immediate news when the super-secret (and presumably final) stretch goal was hit? To me it just feels like he just started the campaign and went on vacation (which I know is not true since he has answered questions on this forum and via eMail).

Honestly, when you run a campaign for a project you've been working on for years, you better give it your all and do so visibly! This is obviously pure conjecture, but I can't shake the feeling that had this been a well-run Kickstarter campaign it would've funded 100k easily.

Anyway, I don't mean to be ungrateful. This looks like a fantastic game and I can't wait to pick it up at Essen. Thank you, Tom!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
grouik wrote:
Slashdoctor wrote:
To be honest? I am not even sure that they themselves know. They said that they had a hard time coming up with stretch goals and since they still haven't updated the page, it must have been a placeholder.
In that case what would you want it to be?


Just more stuff that affects the gameplay, really. This is one of those games whose replayability is strongly dependent on the amount of variability.

I mean, right now the game does have a lot of cards, but if you look at the components:

Just 6 characters. Maybe make it so that you can play male or female version of a character? Players like that option.

Just 6+1 (a promo) traits. This is totally not enough, there should be far more traits.

Just 9 encounter cards!?

So far they've just added 2 setting cards in the mix as part of stretch goals.

I would expect a game like this to have around 10 characters, 20 traits and at least 20 encounter cards. Which is not really all that much more.

But hey, that's just me I suppose
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olivier Prevot
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Slashdoctor wrote:
I would expect a game like this to have around 10 characters, 20 traits and at least 20 encounter cards. Which is not really all that much more.But hey, that's just me I suppose

Nope! I tend to agree! Now that we have a bigger box I would love to have more characters/traits and encounter cards.
Now to be realistic Essen is the 16th of October. If the game is to be released by then it means the game is finished and already sent to printing no?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olivier Prevot
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
n3rd wrote:
Honestly, when you run a campaign for a project you've been working on for years, you better give it your all and do so visibly! This is obviously pure conjecture, but I can't shake the feeling that had this been a well-run Kickstarter campaign it would've funded 100k easily.

Anyway, I don't mean to be ungrateful. This looks like a fantastic game and I can't wait to pick it up at Essen. Thank you, Tom!

I tend to agree. I rarely saw a successful campaign with so little participation on the designer part. 102 commentaries for 60 days, 6 updates only, very weird. And if not for Rahdo the campaign would probably not have funded. I think the game looks great but I do not understand the campaign management.
Still, so happy to have this game soon!
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olivier Prevot
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes! Major card quality upgrade and another 2 setting cards to a total of 10!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Solsumo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like to quickly say that I am very happy that all of the stretch goals were reached. It would have been a shame to have missed out on anything for this very promising game.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Drickman
United States
Ukiah
CA
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the stretch goal approach personally. I've soured on project funding to some degree due to the long wait times. Currently, besides it being a project I have strong interest in, the thing I look for most is a project that looks like it will be going to printers as soon as possible. While games that have tons of new stretch goal content seem cool, those stretch goals add months and months to the expected ship date.

I do think the campaign could have been marketed better, but the creator's priority seems to just get his game funded and in our hands asap and not maximize the funding. Can't say I have an issue with that.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olivier Prevot
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DanKD wrote:
I like the stretch goal approach personally. I've soured on project funding to some degree due to the long wait times. Currently, besides it being a project I have strong interest in, the thing I look for most is a project that looks like it will be going to printers as soon as possible. While games that have tons of new stretch goal content seem cool, those stretch goals add months and months to the expected ship date.

I do think the campaign could have been marketed better, but the creator's priority seems to just get his game funded and in our hands asap and not maximize the funding. Can't say I have an issue with that.
I agree with your assessment.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
are any of the stretch goals indiegogo limited rewards?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Niewiadomski
Poland
Lodz
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Guys, guys!

About the time it took Tom to update after the final stretch goal, I don't know when exactly it was achieved, but if I am correct, it was very late hour in Poland, and you know, we have other duties and responsibilities in our lives besides the game, and we need to sleep on top of that

Tom is using his whole free time to convert all the cards into printable format, and I am helping him as much as I can, mainly by checking for errors, so believe me or not, it's primarily one dude keeping this whole project together.

As for the secret stretch goal, it's about improving the component quality, mostly cards. And two more settings, can't have enough settings.

rusticchasm wrote:
are any of the stretch goals indiegogo limited rewards?

No.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olivier Prevot
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Avdima wrote:
Guys, guys!

About the time it took Tom to update after the final stretch goal, I don't know when exactly it was achieved, but if I am correct, it was very late hour in Poland, and you know, we have other duties and responsibilities in our lives besides the game, and we need to sleep on top of that

Tom is using his whole free time to convert all the cards into printable format, and I am helping him as much as I can, mainly by checking for errors, so believe me or not, it's primarily one dude keeping this whole project together.
Thank you for all your work in making this a great game!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Franklin
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
I am pleading that you create expansions for the three boss phases that are harder quests, rather than tactical combat, if you have a chance to revisit it for 2015 or 2016.

Congrats on the hugely successful campaign.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Niewiadomski
Poland
Lodz
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
grouik wrote:
Thank you for all your work in making this a great game!

Hush, hush.

Even I am being praised, thank you modest
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olivier Prevot
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Avdima wrote:
grouik wrote:
Thank you for all your work in making this a great game!

Hush, hush.

Even I am being praised, thank you modest
of course as you should be! cool
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.