Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Byrd
United States
Ocean Grove
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wizkids needs a little help with development.

Help design custom cards that beat Gobby/Rally here:

Custom Dice Masters Characters

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr Who
msg tools
mb
I am finding Hulk, Green Goliath, though a 6 cost, to be pretty effective against gobby.

Captain America is pretty good too. The one where he gets Health for every opponent SideKick die in the field, those dices, also get removed from the field.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Byrd
United States
Ocean Grove
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dr. Who, have you played against This Deck?

I would think that Hulk is too slow and give too much advantage to the Gobby player by putting the SKs in the prep area.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Grazier
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dr Doom with the -1A/-1D stops Gobby cold. Sidekicks can't even be fielded.

Loki "Gem Keeper" can be very useful as well.

Most Gobby players just go for sidekicks and Gobby's. Once a powerful character is out, they have to play some serious catch up.

Gearing up and Silver Surfer's universal can help get the more powerful and costly dice in play more quickly, while the Gobby player is focused on their singular strategy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Byrd
United States
Ocean Grove
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry to sound like a broken record, but: Todd, have you played against This Deck?

Gobby itself is beatable. Gobby plus Rally isn't.

Dr. Doom + Rally = "Draw 6-10 dice each turn" for your opponent. It doesn't shut this deck down, it kicks it into overdrive. Gobby may not trigger for a time, but the Storms will be a comin' and you will still lose quickly. Gem Keeper also has trouble with Storm (and forced attacks, if either player is running them.) Loki and Dr. Doom are both also a little slow.

But please don't take my word for it- play test these scenarios. I have yet to hear of a deck that can beat the above deck more that 50% of the time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGS
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Warhammer: Diskwars
mbmbmbmbmb
I wish WK had been brave enough to make their GenCon tournaments fully constructed. This could give us a better sense if a given deck might be dominant. For now, the meta will hide behind what we see in the limited format.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keebler Powell
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
Ronaldo wrote:
I wish WK had been brave enough to make their GenCon tournaments fully constructed. This could give us a better sense if a given deck might be dominant. For now, the meta will hide behind what we see in the limited format.

I think you will see it even in the hybrid format.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C. E. Freeman
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
byrdru wrote:
Sorry to sound like a broken record, but: Todd, have you played against This Deck?

Gobby itself is beatable. Gobby plus Rally isn't.

Dr. Doom + Rally = "Draw 6-10 dice each turn" for your opponent. It doesn't shut this deck down, it kicks it into overdrive. Gobby may not trigger for a time, but the Storms will be a comin' and you will still lose quickly. Gem Keeper also has trouble with Storm (and forced attacks, if either player is running them.) Loki and Dr. Doom are both also a little slow.

But please don't take my word for it- play test these scenarios. I have yet to hear of a deck that can beat the above deck more that 50% of the time.

Quick question. If I buy the Rally dice too, this set up will kick my build into overdrive also, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Byrd
United States
Ocean Grove
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tacullu64 wrote:

Quick question. If I buy the Rally dice too, this set up will kick my build into overdrive also, right?

Yes it will. But Gobby, more than any other character, benefits directly from both the bag-thinning power of Rally and the SK generating power. Plus Gobby alone is already pretty powerful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C. E. Freeman
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
byrdru wrote:
Tacullu64 wrote:

Yes it will. But Gobby, more than any other character, benefits directly from both the bag-thinning power of Rally and the SK generating power. Plus Gobby alone is already pretty powerful.

We have not played our OP 2 yet and thus don't have our Rally card. That being the case I've been avoiding giving any analysis without practical experience. I can imagine how Gobby and a huge resource advantage would be a problem. If I nullify or reduce the resource advantage to a manageable level we are back to the question of can I beat Gobby, which I believe I can.

I would say Storm: Wind Rider might like to see a lot of sidekicks opposite her. Those are her favorite reroll target.

Unfortunately I won't have anything other than supposition until we start playing with Rally locally. I can't wait to play against it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.