Curtis Delaney
United States
Friendswood
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any tips for better farming of the Shop decks?

As we played, the monsters kept getting cleared up to the loot threshold, but the fatigue marker never made it past 3 (only got there once), the rest of the night it maxed out at 2.

Are people kiting large groups of minions around the board until more masters are killed to trigger greater loot pulls?

Just curious. Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You only get 1 of those treasures though, so even if you got the fatigue marker up to 5, you still only gain one treasure. Sure, it's a more optimal treasure, but it's not like you're getting more treasures.

Most our games, by the end game, we tend to have quite a few. Don't forget you can sell the 'worthless' search cards for treasures, and also don't forget that large monsters count for more than one movement of the heart token.

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtis Delaney
United States
Friendswood
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Right. We did only keep one card each time, so we got that right. I just spent the entire night wanting to see more cards.

I played a Hexer, and I kid you not, we drew not a single magic weapon the entire night. Every single draw was "fingers crossed".

It was quite frustrating.

We did forget about that whole, "trade in search tokens to advance heart by two" until the last room. . .so there was that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been playing few solo games and often draw 3 or 4 cards. I think it depends on number of players. It makes a bit of sense because a bad draw with fewer heroes is worse than with more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian H.
Germany
Weilburg
Hessen
flag msg tools
Evil Overlord
badge
Evil Overlord
mbmbmbmbmb
You could always create a house rule to keep the fatigue token at a minimum of 2 cards for a 2 hero game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.