Hide
6 Posts

Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game» Forums » Variants

Subject: Legendary Heroes V.S. Villains game type rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
patrick smeltzer
msg tools
I've been working out a way to play both Legendary and Legendary:Villains at the same time as a more competitive/cooperative game. So, here is what i've come up with, feedback is welcomed.

-Both games are set up as normal
-if a hero goes first a villain goes next and vice-versa
-on a players turn 3 attack can be spent to give a wound or a binding to and opposing player of their choice.
-in addition 6 attack can be spent to K.O the top card of the heroes deck or the allies deck.
-on a players turn 3 recruit can be spent to give a villain or a adversary of their choice a bystander.
-in addition to that 6 recruit points can be spent to play the top card of the villains or adversary's deck.
-a winning side is declared when either when the mastermind or commander is defeated or if either side has lost because of their scheme, the sole winner is decided by which player from the winning side has the most victory points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MoonSylver
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the sound of this. How about a direct "head-to-head" confrontation where a Hero player can directly attack a Villain player (& vice versa)?

They each play their attack cards, tally them up, & then the one with the highest total gives the loser a Wound/Binding (on ties they BOTH get one each)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Locke
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this solo play, where you play the heroes, then the villains?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MoonSylver
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hockeyjones wrote:
Is this solo play, where you play the heroes, then the villains?

I would guess no. I imagine it would be hard to manage both sides, which you traditionally have to do in 2-player games being played Solo. If one didn't mind the hassle they probably could though. I might try it just to see how it goes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
craghen king
msg tools
I have also been working on a game like this.
-players can spend recruit points to bolster the cost in the hq\lair for a round.
-players can spend attack to bolster villain's\adversary's fight for a round
-players can attack the other players deck to KO cards. Flip target players deck. Heroes have strike equal to cost, if it is a zero cost card the attacker must also KO a hero. If a wound\bindings are flipped the attacker may discard a hero to place the wound\bindings into hand a force the target to place a hero on the top of their deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keyon Thomas
United States
California
flag msg tools
Looking at doing the same myself. The one flaw I see in your game setup is that one team has a default advantage because someone started first. What we are planning on trying to have the villain and the hero run at the same time and would be a "Turn Phase" all direct attack effects take place at the end of the Turn Phase to the next player on each team. This way you give both teams an equal ability to complete there scheme/plot. We also have setup rules as follows:

- The Heroes Team pick the Mastermind (must be one that has a corresponding team/card in the villains game) this dictates the allies for the villains.

- The villains set the adversaries (again must correspond with a set of heroes) and this dictates which heroes MUST be used.

So for example Heroes Pick Magneto for the mastermind. The Villains then pick the uncanny Xmen, Xmen First Class, and the Uncanny Avengers as adversaries. The Villains would have to take Magneto, Mystique, Sabertooth, and Juggernaut (plus one or for a full setup). They would also have to take Professor X as the commander. The Heroes would have to take any of the Xmen or Xforce heroes as their heroes. The Heroes would also have to put the Brotherhood mutants and other related heroes into the villain deck.

Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.