Popular Tags: [View All]
Gonso75
Spain
Madrid
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi

I've just bought the game and read through the rules and faqs and threads andwhatnot, but I still have a couple of questions:

a) At the start of the game each player gets a Treasure card at random. Is this right? What does this represents? The random
family fortune each character starts with? (I think the game design is excelent but I'd love some "flavor" text explaining what
the rules try to evocate. For example, why the lord beated by a sammuray becomes the lord who helped in the samuray army?).

b) Daimyo (Annuity): It says that it may switch places with the Shogun even if the Shogun is "on the prize stack of any
player". How can this be? Will I became the Shogun and give my Daimyo card as a prize in return?

c) Can the ninja kill (assasin) the shogun? This means that if you are the ninja your aim is to lay low until every other player has played his disk and then atack the hiest in rank to get the prize (his lord in points), right?

Thanks

Gonso

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gonso75 wrote:

I cannot answer question a) as I don't know why they are fighting each other in the first place...

b) Daimyo (Annuity): It says that it may switch places with the Shogun even if the Shogun is "on the prize stack of any
player". How can this be? Will I became the Shogun and give my Daimyo card as a prize in return?

If you choose to swap cards then you will take the Shogun and give Daimyo in return. Both cards will end up in the same place where the other was.

The Shogun may be defeated in battle and thus end up a prize stack. See the example under "1. Attacking another Lord".

Quote:
c) Can the ninja kill (assasin) the shogun? This means that if you are the ninja your aim is to lay low until every other player has played his disk and then atack the hiest in rank to get the prize (his lord in points), right?

Yes, the Ninja can kill anyone except another face-up Ninja.
correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gonso75
Spain
Madrid
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ninjaThanks a lot!ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Coppola
Italy
Naples (NA)
Italy
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
a) At the start of the game each player gets a Treasure card at random. Is this right? What does this represents? The random
family fortune each character starts with?

Right.

(I think the game design is excelent but I'd love some "flavor" text explaining what
the rules try to evocate. For example, why the lord beated by a sammuray becomes the lord who helped in the samuray army?).

If the lord was beated very hard by "the lord who helped in the samuray army" the first lord has to live a better life!

Ciao
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.