Thumb up
 Hide
48 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » News

Subject: USS Raven Spoiled: rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Source is an eBay auction scalping them for some absurd price.

USS Raven:
1/2/2/3
Each Time you attack or defend if there is a [scan] token beside your ship your range combat bonuses are doubled.
Action bar: Scan, evade
Slots: Tech, Tech, Crew
Arc: 90 FWD
16 SP

Generic 1/2/2/2; Tech, Tech

Mutli-adaptive Shields
Fed Tech, 5 SP
This upgrade only functions while you have active shields. Each time you defend, roll +1 defense die. When defending, you roll your full defense dice in spite of the presence of an enemy ships [scan] token. In addition, you roll your full defense against minefield tokens. This upgrade may only be purchased for a Federation ship.

Reinforced Structural Integrity
Fed Tech, 5 SP
Each time your ship takes damage, place 1 of the damage cards your ship recieves beneath this card. All excess damage affects the ship as normal. YOu cannot put critical damage cards beneat this card. Once there are 3 damage cards beneath this card, discard this upgrade. This card costs +5 SP on any ship other than the USS Raven.

Research Mission
Indy Elite Talent, 2 SP
During the Roll Defense Dice step of the Combat Phase, you may disable this card to roll +1 defense die.

Erin Hansen
Indy Crew, 3 SP
During the Planning phase, after all ships have chosen their maneuvers, you may discard this card to target an enemy ship at range 1-3 and look at its chosen maneuver. You may then change your maneuver. The target ship cannot change its maneuver after you look at it.

Magnus Hansen
Indy Captain, 2 SP, ET slot
During the Modify Defense Dice step of the combat phase, you may spend 1 [scan] token to add one additional [evade] result to your defense roll. You do not pay a faction penalty when assigning Magnus to a Fed ship

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Conklin
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thx for posting this!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristoff Bergenholm
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the Multi-Adaptive Shields, but the reinforced hull is on the useless side, considering the +5 penalty for putting it on another ship. The Raven is more likely to be one-shot then get any use out of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
It all synergizes okay for a ship that avoids other ships and rolls some evade dice, but just with what's in the pack it can't do much but try to save its own skin.

Multi-Adaptive shielding is worth poaching for ships of the line in Fed builds though. I'm a little glad it's unique, I'd be tempted to try to get more than one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Holsclaw
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting that it comes with Target Lock tokens, since there's nothing in the pack to let it get one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H. Tucker Cobey
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Multi-Adaptive Shields is a Navigational Deflector fixfic. Reinforced Structural Integrity is slightly worse Federation-style Borg Ablative Armor. Magnus Ericson is what Saavik should have been.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sodoff Baldrick
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I find it interesting that Research Mission is NOT unique. Spreading a few of those around a fleet isn't a bad idea. At 2 points it is priced right, unlike Forward Disruptor banks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Bruce
United States
Elgin
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Surprised there isn't more anti borg tech.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tsuyoshikentsu wrote:
Multi-Adaptive Shields is a Navigational Deflector fixfic. Reinforced Structural Integrity is slightly worse Federation-style Borg Ablative Armor. Magnus Ericson is what Saavik should have been.

Interesting you mention Navigational Deflector, because I feel like the Equinox could get a lot out of Multiadaptive-- with it's baked-in shield regen.

Illyth wrote:
Interesting that it comes with Target Lock tokens, since there's nothing in the pack to let it get one.

I would have thought it would have been a Na'kuhl ship that would have gotten the "SS" target lock.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Pitner
United States
Plano
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr S Baldrick wrote:
I find it interesting that Research Mission is NOT unique. Spreading a few of those around a fleet isn't a bad idea. At 2 points it is priced right, unlike Forward Disruptor banks.

I'm not quite sold on wanting a couple of these. 2 points is fair since that's the same as adding an agility point. However, it's both a Talent and a disable. You don't always have a lot of talent slots, and if I'm going to disable my upgrade, why not make it 3 points and make it a guaranteed evade with a disable (or even convert a BS result to evade)? It's not horrible, but I just don't see wanting to run a bunch.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yeah, it's a cute easy to use "lucky charm" for a couple of spare points left over in a build, but I can't see deliberately trying to include multiples.

Shields on the other hand I can see getting worked into most Fednaught builds to good effect. An uber-voyager with some shield regen like young Scotty would probably love it. Like I said, I'm kind of GLAD it's unique, otherwise I'd probably be trying to get multiples of it to play with in fed builds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Holsclaw
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr S Baldrick wrote:

Yeah, this reverses the "Elite Talents will always be Unique from now on" rule that we've had since Wave 2/Sutherland.

That's okay though--it's kind of a generic-sounding Elite Talent. Lots of ships are on research missions, after all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Here's a question for the uber treksters: Who's the photo they used for the generic captain? Looks like she's a LtCdr/Cdr from the pips.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Holsclaw
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PanicAtTheSisko wrote:
Here's a question for the uber treksters: Who's the photo they used for the generic captain? Looks like she's a LtCdr/Cdr from the pips.

She's Commander Benteen from the DS9 episodes "Homefront" and "Paradise Lost." She commanded the Lakota, which briefly duked it out with the Defiant.

She was played by Susan Gibney, who was also Leah Brahms. Gibney was also on the short list to be Janeway, I've heard. Though I liked Mulgrew plenty, Gibney would have been even better, I think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Erika Banteen from DS9's Paradise Lost / Homefront IIRC.
Captain of USS Lakota.

Edit: ninja'dninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Underdonk
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Too bad the Raven has no weapons slot. She'd make a sweet little torpedo boat at 14 points for the generic...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Illyth wrote:
PanicAtTheSisko wrote:

She's Commander Benteen from the DS9 episodes "Homefront" and "Paradise Lost." She commanded the Lakota, which briefly duked it out with the Defiant.

That's where I remember her from. Thanks.

That was a pretty good episode.

Lonescout9 wrote:
Too bad the Raven has no weapons slot. She'd make a sweet little torpedo boat at 14 points for the generic...

Despair not! Mixed faction there's always Cold Storage. In-faction you can drop Torres for some extra slots and contrived racially deterministic "child of two worlds" angst. Though I suppose at that point you're at 18 points and might as well just field a Miranda, unless you want a quasi-Miranda with 3 tech slots and 180 degrees less coverage.

E: D'oh, I also forgot the lack of a target lock, as mentioned below. Really not a lot you can do to upgun this. Mixed faction I guess you could add a Romulan Additional Weapons Array.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Holsclaw
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lonescout9 wrote:

The lack of a Target Lock action also hurts. Sure, there's Spock/Picard/Kira, but then you're starting to spend some points.

I like my Mirandas for torpedo boats just fine. 4 points isn't a lot to pay when you get a 180 forward and a rear arc, plus increased survivability.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H. Tucker Cobey
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Honestly, I just don't feel like this ship has any sort of good role. For a 14-point torpedo boat, you're almost certainly better off with the generic Praetus. Even the unique is just pretty much worse than the Reliant, even though the latter costs four more points.

The Upgrades are definitely the draw here, and fortunately they're all unique. In other words... you really just want one copy of this. Very good trait in a prize ship.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I can see using it as a cheap electronic warfare platform with Positron Beams and Starter O'Brien, and dipping out of faction for the Ferengi EM Pulse in venues that allow it. 22 points to screw up one ship's action economy and disable a key upgrade, then loiter around it zapping it with an annoyance phaser. Something that might draw an attack off a mainline ship because it's too irritating to ignore. You really have to fight it to turn it into anything resembling a direct offensive role.

Nothing yet tops the humble Miranda for cheap torpedo boat, which watching them act as the Star Trek cap ship version of TIE Fighters in the Dominion War and Borg engagements feels as it should be.

I'm all about those shields to beef up a Fednaught, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Gould
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I've found the last few LE's have been kinda lackluster compared to some of the earlier ones. This one is another that I will just hold onto 1.

Lack of TL (but supply the markers) is strange. I'd rather take the Vulcan LE over this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I think the real chase LE's are coming next month.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Gould
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I think the stargazer and the assimilated -D will be good. and expensive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gotg wrote:
I think the stargazer and the assimilated -D will be good. and expensive.

Yeah. Even if the Stargazer is average game-wise*, people will chase it for fan appeal.

The assimilated D will at a minimum be another unique Galaxy, so decent power quotent there. Reading between the lines on the kit contents listing, it's going to come with 2 unique captains and 6 other upgrades, one of which will be novel enough to require a separate reference card. Could be a real heartbreaker and surpass the Ch'Tang on the secondary market.

*I think it will be. Hero of Maxia Picard would have to be straight up imbalanced to strongly compete with starter Picard, the Stargazer shouldn't canonically be much more powerful than say a Refit Constitution/Excelsior, and I don't think the Picard Maneuver will be cool and thematic but not game-altering. And Jack Crusher should just basically be a unique version of Red Shirt.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H. Tucker Cobey
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Refit Enterprise sees play; Stargazer could be strong if it had a good ability. Say... being the only native Fed cloaker? ;-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.