Glory of Days Past
The Ruinous Hordes
Faith and Steel

7) Deluxe Expansions:
March of the Damned
Legends
Cataclysm
Hidden Kingdoms

What on this list do you think I should really try to get first, and what do you guys think I should skip or save to last? Eventually, I hope to have the whole WH:I set just for completionist sake. For now, I'm just hunting packs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It all really depends on what your focus is, but you'll get a lot more options from buying the larger expansions you don't have.

Maybe holding off on Cataclysm unless you're looking for a multi-player experience.

other than that you could go to something like Deckbox.org and look through the packs and see if there is a card that catches your eye and buy that pack.

also, some of the later packs have more emphasis on a particular faction, so if there was one you enjoyed playing more than others your could look for that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Tjarks
United States
Crowley
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have very little playtime invested in the game. Maybe fifteen games, more than two years or more ago at this point. I'd like to give it another go but can barely remember some of the cards.

I'm asking because seem I remember there was a consensus that there were packs or a cycle that wasn't very good overall.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you were just looking for stuff to get you back into the game then i would have to go with March of the Damned and then Legends. Just for the amount of cards you get for the price and that legends kind of opens new doors as far as strategy goes.

and i really like the cards that come with march of the damned

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Schwarz
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Legends. Flat out.

If Undead or Lizardmen appeal, then March of the Damned and Hidden Kingdoms are probably worth grabbing. I know you can field "pure" Lizard and Undead decks from MotD, HK, and Legends.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Legends

March of the Damned

Eternal war cycle, (ambushers are an interesting mechanic)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.