Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Raviv Nagel
Israel
Haifa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.shadowruntabletop.com/2014/07/hostile-takeover-de...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Böttcher
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very interesting

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
. Each Mission can be completed in two different ways based on what type of Mission it is. Conflict Missions use combat skills and brute force to accomplish, Matrix Missions use hacking and technomancy, and High Society Missions are undertaken with words, drinks and general schmoozing. Things don’t always go as planned for shadowrunners, so each Mission has an alternative method on how to fulfill them. Sometimes your ‘runners don’t have enough bullets and might have to just talk their way out of an early grave, after all.

A few comments:

1. When you say a mission can be completed in two different ways, is that two out of the three approaches which follows in the paragraph?

The following questions presume a positive response to this question.

2. It's not lost on me this preview wanted to skirt around a detailed exploration of mechanics, but for a mission to go unexpectedly implies some kind of randomizing mechanism. Will these be die rolls, card draws or some other mechanism?

3. Will we have choice as to how we wish to approach the mission, or will the initial "skill check" be hardwired (allowing for the secondary approach only upon failure). For example, I take Mission #1, and see it allows for Matrix and Conflict. Will they be written so as a Matrix check would need to be made before the conflict, or can I choose which to do my initial check against (or am I way off base on how these mechanics will even work)?

4. I'm a decker-centric lover/player (points to his Netrunner badge). Will this game allow me to focus on and enhance that side of my Corp, or are things hardwired? I suppose that whatever gives the foundational stats for these attributes (e.g. your strength with Matrix vs. Conflict) will vary across the players -- regardless of whether they're embodied in the Corp or in the runner groups you hire. Will mechanisms exist to allow these attributes to increase over the course of play?

*edit: Oh, I see you're likely not a developer of this title, but rather just a nice bloke reposting the link for the rest of us. No matter, my questions will just float here, then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.