Popular Tags: Read_Later [+] [View All]
Tom Tjarks
United States
Crowley
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.shadowruntabletop.com/2014/07/another-week-more-s...

New mission to try out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Groff-Folsom
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I could be missing something, but this doesn't seem to be very different than the mission in the demo kit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Tjarks
United States
Crowley
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

In this mission, obstacles are assigned first to an appropriate role, then clockwise.

Also, if not playing w four players, there are fewer initial crossfire cards, which can make the run a whole lot easier.

Next, after Catch your Breath, there are more hard obstacles, based on the number of crossfire cards in play. So if you do well in the first round on two or three players, you might not get any hard obstacles, or only one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Goodridge
United States
Windsor Locks
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Currently at 1:2 ratio, getting better every week
badge
I don't want it, I don't need it, but I can't stop myself. - Stabbing Westward
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not very different, but it is different. In the first phase you're guaranteed to get one obstacle paired to the best role to defeat it. And in the second phase, instead of knowing that the hard obstacles are at 2 and 4, they could be more plentiful and start at position 1. If you took a long time to do phase one, then you'll end up with more hard obstacles.

This one actually sounds harder to me, but it's listed as Entry as opposed to moderate, so I dunno.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Clasing
msg tools
mb
I think it's amusing and encouraging that new missions are coming out before the bloody game has even been released. I take that as a good sign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Groff-Folsom
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On second thought, the demo kit isn't exactly full of deep variety. It makes sense to release a second mission that is still supported by the small demo kit assortment.

I'm hoping for a few missions that really highlight specific roles. For example, the players fight through some non-green obstacles, then the decker gets a spotlight encounter while the others support him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.