Tom Tjarks
United States
Crowley
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

If you've played fewer than four players in the Demo kit, did you put the unused starter decks into the market deck to give more variety to purchase from?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan DeLano
United States
West Valley City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, I didn't. I don't see any reason why you couldn't, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Tjarks
United States
Crowley
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Our first couple of attempts at Initiation, I had left them out. In our two player games, we were seeing so little nuyen during the first round of obstacles that it was hard to buy cards to be better prepared for the hard obstacle. Adding in the basic cards helped a little bit, but Initiation still proved tough.

The newly posted Ambulators mission changes up how missions are assigned to players (by role instead of by HP) and might prove to be a little easier, which means the basic cards may not be needed in the market deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Kirchhoff
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting. The first couple of times I played this... I included them (mainly out of ignorance). After going back and playing Extraction "Solo" a couple of times, I found that not having them in the Black Market Deck GREATLY improved my chances for mission success by not having them in there (mainly - when I bought a card from the Black Market I was able to find something that made an immediate and major difference. Will need to experiment more with this in multiplayer/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Tjarks
United States
Crowley
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Which mission is Extraction? They only had Initiation in the demo PDF and Ambulators released separately.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Kirchhoff
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My bad... I mean Initiation. Extraction is one of the missions specified in the full rule set that Catalyst posted today. It's noted on Page 20 (and also sounds pretty cool).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris G
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You aren't supposed to put the basic cards in the black market deck. Any not used are just extras. Leave them in the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Jordal
United States
Austin
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Ike Clanton painted by me for Wild West Exodus
mbmbmbmbmb
kryyst wrote:
You aren't supposed to put the basic cards in the black market deck. Any not used are just extras. Leave them in the box.

How do you know this? I was confused, because there are enough basic cards for everyone to make there deck and still have more. What are those for?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bret Callender
United States
anderson
IN
flag msg tools
Core rule book says they go in the box. Extras seem primarily for karma bonuses
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.