Subject: Face down card. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nigel Swan
Ireland
Dublin 18
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How do you get them from face down to face up and hoe much time does it take?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Harding
Australia
Ashfield
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, the only way to turn cards over is: once there are no more face up pantry cards you shuffle the pantry and place everything face up again. This happens automatically.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mariusz Kosecki
Poland
Elbląg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
huffa2 wrote:
the only way to turn cards over

The only? Are you sure? What if the first card in the Pantry is 10-Servants face-down and the next face-up card is 8-Sandwiches? Can I use Sandwiches to flip 10 and put it at the end? I played like that...

Also: anytime you shuffle the Pantry, do you include discards? I assumed not but it is not stated in the rules (although it is mentioned specifically on the effect of card 6-Fine China).
And: when you use 6-Fine China, do you flip all the cards face-up or do the face-down cards stay face-down?

Thanks for such a great solo puzzle!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Harding
Australia
Ashfield
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Mariusz - I am so so glad you have enjoyed the game! Thanks for playing! :)

You are correct that there are cards that allow you to turn cards over, but I assumed the original poster was asking how to turn the whole line of Pantry cards face up again. But yes, you can do as you suggest.

When using 6 you shuffle all the Pantry cards (whether face-up or face-down) and place them all on the table face-up once again.

You are not allowed to return discards to the Pantry to be shuffled in with the rest unless a card action allows you to. This is stated in the rules in the paragraph above the heading "Winning the Game."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David McCord
United States
Ionia
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
When you play the 6, do you include the six in the re-shuffle?
And do you get to perform step 2 again at that point (move a card to the front of the pantry)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Harding
Australia
Ashfield
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The answer is yes to both questions :)
Thanks for playing!
David
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.