Legendary: Villains – A Marvel Deck Building Game» Forums » General

Subject: Adversary Deck rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
William
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is anyone else finding this to be the case?...

I play Advanced Solo Mode nearly every time I play.
Most of my games I play end in a draw because the adversary deck runs out.

When going from solo player rules to the advanced rules in the original game you actually loose one round because you play an additional card after each master strike.

I'm wondering if in advanced mode if you shouldn't add an additional backup card to your deck to get your turn back.

That would probably aid in not playing to a draw as often.

Is anyone else playing to a draw most of the time?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacovis
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Most people I know of play that you either win or lose in solo, so draws are irrelevant because they're really losses.

But no I haven't found it to be a problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MoonSylver
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Haven't played Villains a ton yet, but no, I haven't run the Adversary deck out yet. Lost due to keeping the Adversaries from completing the Plot/not being able to accomplish the Scheme mostly. Won by defeating the Commander once. That's it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick O\'Toole
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It really depends on which Allies you use and which adversaries you end up fighting. I find that if I select Allies purposely, I'm fine. If I randomise though, I find that you have to play more carefully and concisely. I also aim to hit the Commastermind whenever is possible, so that they don't have a chance to run the deck out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ya I consider myself defeated if I don't get the commander. I always played final blow prior to villians and won the majority of the time.

With villians I don't use the final blow variant and the majority of the time the adversary deck runs out. I typically hit the commander if I can, but I do probably spend too many turns protecting the lair.

Not complaining at all. I like the challenge. Just having a little harder time pulling off the epic combos because time runs out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomer Mlynarsky
Israel
flag msg tools
I count it as a loss. It basically means that you couldn't stop the mastermind in time.

As for it happening a lot - it depends.
The more you get the hang of the game the less it would happen to you.
Naturally some setups are really easy while others would be really hard.

Can you give an example of one?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, an example is Doctor Strange commander. Norn Stones Twist.

Master Strike - reveal 3 cards, if you reveal a twist play it.
(Excellent chance with thin deck that you reveal one.)

Twist 1 - 6 then tells you to play a card from adversary deck

Don't forget, you still need to draw an additional card for the master strike.

Chances are you may pull another Strike or twist before your turn is up which means you draw 3 more cards for a strike and one more for a twist.

Still a good chance you reveal a strike or twist. And on and on...

Then, times up.

Just seems like the Adversary to Strike/Twist ratio is slightly off in Advanced Solo Mode.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Perron
Canada
flag msg tools
That is pretty much the most extreme example to play against and have your Adversary deck get burned through. Solo Dr.Strange and Norn Stones is probably one of the hardest setups there is, just because it is designed to burn through the adversary deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Many of the commanders and plots are like this in this particular game. Pulling off a final blow it incredibly hard. It's probably the reason I'm playing more villians right now than the original.

On a side note. Is anybody using madam hydra? I'm finding that if a got three left to spend, I'll pick up a new recruit over hydra 99 percent of the time? Maybe it's a solo thing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.