J B
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Is there any way to fully use this card with the components provided? It adds the ability to put a fourth crew and another single character on the fore of the ship, but the expansion cheaped out and only gave you three crew cards. Unless my set is somehow missing a card? I checked everything against the component lists and only have three crew options.

How do people use this card? Is it worth the 7 points just to get the extra single character card but not the crew card? Are there other expanions with crew cards? I have everything released to date and have only seen the crew cards with this Corvette expansion.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey
United States
flag msg tools
Make it so
badge
Captain Picard
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You're not missing anything. The most recognizable title is basically unusable.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J B
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
LocutusZero wrote:
You're not missing anything. The most recognizable title is basically unusable.


Thanks. For an expansion as expensive as that it seems really foolish to not make it fully upgradable. According to all official rules, you couldn't even field two Corvettes if you could afford them, so nobody has any reason to buy a second. Also makes me wonder why they did the "limited" thing if nobody would ever have cause to have two of these.

They must be planning crew cards in a future set to make that Tantive title card make any sense at all.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Debiec
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Also there is the question of point costs, even if you had the extra crew cards, i mean the corvette has already so many upgrade slots that the extra crew and team slots are not needed. seem too expensive for what you get.
But yeah its a bummer that there are not enough upgrade cards to use the tantive IV title but i think we will get them with huge imperials.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Motz
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
There's *some* utility right now in that if you get your Aft section crippled you could move a crew and team upgrade up into the Fore section instead of discarding them.

But that's an awfully narrow scope of use for those points. I think it just points to future expansion more than anything.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J B
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
LazyJ wrote:
There's *some* utility right now in that if you get your Aft section crippled you could move a crew and team upgrade up into the Fore section instead of discarding them.

But that's an awfully narrow scope of use for those points. I think it just points to future expansion more than anything.


Are you allowed to do that? I wasn't aware that you could shift cards from one section to the other. Can you do that only if one is crippled or just whenever you like?

I wonder if it would have killed the target MSRP to add that one extra copy of "Sensor Team." :-P
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Motz
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe you're right - but I tell you what until there is some OTHER demonstrable good use for that card, I'd sure let my opponent move things around.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron D
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
Mercury is my dog's name.
badge
I like hats.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jcb231 wrote:
Is there any way to fully use this card with the components provided? It adds the ability to put a fourth crew and another single character on the fore of the ship, but the expansion cheaped out and only gave you three crew cards. Unless my set is somehow missing a card? I checked everything against the component lists and only have three crew options.

How do people use this card? Is it worth the 7 points just to get the extra single character card but not the crew card? Are there other expanions with crew cards? I have everything released to date and have only seen the crew cards with this Corvette expansion.


As a matter of terminology, the Crew cards are the single characters (of which there are six in the set: Han Solo, Leia Organa, Raymus Antilles, Targeting Coordinator, R2-D2, and C-3P0). The Team cards are the ones that have the icon with two silhouettes (of which there are three: Gunnery Team, Engineering Team, and Sensor Team).

The primary use for the Tantive IV title right now is making sure things survive when the Fore gets crippled. The title's upgrade bar additions stay when the section gets crippled, so you will get to keep one of your Team upgrades (along with both of your Crew upgrades). If your game is depending on those upgrades, this could really help. I'm still not sure it is worth 4 points, and will certainly be better if/when more Team upgrade cards come out, but it does have a use.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.