Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Gische
United States
San Carlos
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When I first purchased Tichu, I picked up the Abacus Spiele/Fata Morgana edition that came with two decks, but only one of them contained the 4 special cards that actually allow you to play Tichu (yes, this is incredibly stupid. Why do I need another regular deck of cards?) I'd like to avoid this situation again, so would like some advice on if there are any other editions I need to avoid.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Beasi
United States
Easthampton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Rio Grande Games edition comes with two complete Tichu decks. One deck has gold backs and the other one is burgundy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McEvoy
Canada
Mountain
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Didn't the first edition RGG published have a second deck (?black deck?) that didn't have the specials?

Or was Abacus/Amigo the only publisher of such a set?

I know all the RGG editions published in, say, the past 10 years have two full decks. But can one trust if buying an old used RGG edition that it was a full-two-decker?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Beasi
United States
Easthampton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All of the RGG editions I've bought have been the same (two complete decks), and I bought them soon after they became available locally. The very first copy of Tichu I bought had the black deck, but it was AbacusSpiele.

That doesn't mean there weren't any with the black deck, but even so I wouldn't think there would be many left in the channel. If it's an old used desk, presumably you could look through it or ask the seller.

Man, I've spent a lot of money on Tichu decks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnny Merguez
Canada
Laval
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I too have the Abacus spiele / fata Morgana with the second black deck, which was only included for playing the 7+ players game variant, rather than as replacement for the original deck.

I still think that was a really bad move on their part and was wondering if there was a way of obtaining the 4 missing specials cards with black backs from another printing of the decks maybe ?. It would be nice to salvage that deck instead of throwing it out in the garbage. Does somebody have a solution ?

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.