Subject: Short Review Of The Print And Play Version rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tobias Wilker
Germany
Lemgo
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

This is a short review of the print and play version if this game. I would like to mention that this is my first review and I only player wit two player.

Quality of the print and play files

3/5

The artwork is really good. Some of the components look like they are the final artwork. Although I have a negative point about the assembly of the pictures. They are not in one line/column so you cannot cut with the slice the exact edges. This is kind of annoying because I had to cut many pieces one by one.

Gameplay

4/5

Pros
- Fast gameplay; my first game took only 45 minutes
- Yahtzee mechanic; I love this mechanic and in this game it is the core mechanic
- Easy to teach; it is definitely not a complex game and you can teach it in under 10 minutes

Cons
There is only one big con here but for me it is a major point. It seemed that you have no catch-up mechanic in the game. If you play with two player and one controls four locations, it is hard to turn the table. That is because the other player needs to capture two enemy locations, while protecting his own location. I assume with more player it is harder to control four locations so that it is only an issue with two player.

In the end the player of the yellow and brown tanks controlled four locations and destroyed the green tank. The other player got only three victory points.

Conclusion

It is a funny, short and light game. Although I would recommend to play it with more than only two player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lonely Meeple
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thank you for the review Tobias. One question I have is how much did strategy played a role compared to luck? My guess is, after reading the rules and watching the gameplay video, that there are a lot of strategies someone can follow, depending on the leaders he has. Am I right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Wilker
Germany
Lemgo
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I feel like there is not much room for long term strategies. Either you go for the strategic locations or for the flag and kill other tanks while doing so. Also it is to quick to have a big strategy. It is more tactical, to react constantly on your opponent. The luck element although can not be ignored. You definitely expect an opponent to make 6 damage in one turn - which happened in my game. So you can be really lucky, but at the same time you have the possibility to influence the luck element to a degree with the action cards and driver/commander skills.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lonely Meeple
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thank you for the detailed answer. It is nice to hear that luck can be influenced and I think I will enjoy the tactical aspect as well. The only thing we need now is to smash the rest of the stretch goals!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.