Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
quinn ortmeyer
Canada
Breslau
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I've started my first BGG auction, and I wasn't sure if stuff would sell, but so far it's going well. I have another copy of some of the games that have sold with BIN option. Is it ok to add some duplicate games, and if so should I pm the people that didn't win the auction but had bid, to give them a heads up, that I will be adding duplicate games or just list them without a BIN option? Or am I over thinking this? Just don't want to piss anyone off.
Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Horvath
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Certainly acceptable for you to post a second copy. If you wanted to be a really nice guy, you could offer it to the person with the last highest bid before the item went BIN. Generally you would offer it to that person for the same BIN if you wanted to go that route, but there is no reason you "HAVE" to do it. If you decide to offer to folks first, do not put it up on the auction until you have a response as to if they are going to accept or not.

Congrats on your success and good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan Idaho
United States
NYC
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Killing Joke wrote:
If you decide to offer to folks first, do not put it up on the auction until you have a response as to if they are going to accept or not.

While some might disagree, I'd put a time limit on the offer - "I'll hold the item for 24/48 hours before listing it if you want to take me up on this offer." Some people are lax about responding to geekmail, so having a deadline you're up front about will save you some headaches down the line.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Ho
United States
Frederick
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Idaho11 wrote:
Killing Joke wrote:
If you decide to offer to folks first, do not put it up on the auction until you have a response as to if they are going to accept or not.

While some might disagree, I'd put a time limit on the offer - "I'll hold the item for 24/48 hours before listing it if you want to take me up on this offer." Some people are lax about responding to geekmail, so having a deadline you're up front about will save you some headaches down the line.

Totally agree here!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Bishop
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Idaho11 wrote:
Killing Joke wrote:

This was my thought. Or, post the item but with this as a term on it, so everyone knows for the next 24h, people who had already bid have priority. Geekmail them to let them know too. Gives the other people participating in your auction more time to consider bidding/BINing if the original folk don't want to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
quinn ortmeyer
Canada
Breslau
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the input. I've messages the 2 people that this might affect to give them first dibs on the BIN option, before I add the games to the auction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Horvath
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Idaho11 wrote:
Killing Joke wrote:

Good point. Agreed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.