Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrick Riley
United States
Foster City
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just received an email from GMT stating that EotS has officially had it's status changed to "Made the Cut". Congratulations to Mark and everyone waiting on a reprint.

Even though Mark's blog posts and updates from GMT until now have made it seem like it's inevitable it will be reprinted, it's nice to get official confirmation!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christina Kahrl
United States
Unionville
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As have I, hooray! I think I was #80 or so, but I suspect everyone will say something of the sort now that the pledging's achieved its goal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Brosius
United States
Needham Heights
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
My favorite 18xx game for six players is two games of 1846 with three players each.
mbmbmbmbmb
DiamondSylph wrote:
As have I, hooray! I think I was #80 or so, but I suspect everyone will say something of the sort now that the pledging's achieved its goal.

Nope. I was #498!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Twine
United Kingdom
Near Portsmouth
flag msg tools
"You do not stop playing games when you get old; you get old when you stop playing games." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
mbmbmbmbmb
My "GMT Games Receipt" that I printed off doesn`t actually say what number I pledged at but it feels like quite a while.

Not as long as for The Battle of Tanga 1914 though. I pre-ordered that two-and-a-half years ago soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Smales
United States
Rome
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Colonel Peter Gansevoort (1749 – 1812) Defender of Ft. Stanwix, Rome, N.Y., 1777
mbmbmbmbmb
This classic deserves a lot of attention--great news!
thumbsupthumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Rush
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nigel66 wrote:
My "GMT Games Receipt" that I printed off doesn`t actually say what number I pledged at but it feels like quite a while.

Not as long as for The Battle of Tanga 1914 though. I pre-ordered that two-and-a-half years ago soblue

Maybe if you ask nicely they will send you a complimentary War of the Suns because of your forbearance?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Schmittgens
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know I don't follow all of the news closely. Is this the reprint that will include all of the changes Mark mentioned in his blog? New rules with some changes, a few counter changes, several card changes, minor map changes. There's nothing on the P500 page that indicates (to me) this is anything other than a straight reprint.

Here's where Mark talks about the changes:

http://www.insidegmt.com/?p=47

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Steidl
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
@Greg -

Much more than a straight reprint. I assume the blog comments are still accurate - althouth Mark is the one to confirm that. In addition to the rules clean-up by Antero, there are some changes in ground supply trace and handling of the CBI transport infrastructure that will alter the way the CBI plays in interesting ways that are, I think, a little more historical.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Schmittgens
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good to know. Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.