Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » Rules

Subject: Sensor Grid Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean Moore
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
So, I am making a Vulcan ship list for an upcoming Con in Your Store event that requires Original Series or earlier ships and cards. I came across a an issue I couldn't find an extremely clear answer for in regards to the Sensor Grid card from the D'Kyr set. It is as follows:

If the first ship I move pops Sensor Grid as its action, can a subsequent ship that moves within range Target Lock an enemy ship that had its Cloak Token flipped to its red side? I looked through FAQ and previous sets but couldn't find the answer (that's not to say I didn't miss it).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Kay
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not unless the ship being locked on started the activation phase without a cloak token that round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Nelson
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The above answer is correct.

Sensor Grid is still quite effective, especially with aux control room in faction. Your first ship moves (maybe scans from flagship for free) pops sensor grid. both ships disable aux control room to remove the aux tokens given by sensor grid. Then the second ship moves and pops its sensor grid (maybe disabling another set of aux control rooms if you have them). That gives the first ship 3 scan tokens and the second ship 2 scan tokens.

(because the sensor grid says to place, you're not doubling up on actions.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.