50 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Betrayal at House on the Hill, Reprinted! Confirmation needed rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dragon NA
msg tools
So I have been looking to pick up Betrayal for the past couple of months, but I was unwilling to spend 100+ dollars on the game. Today I called Wizards products support and the agent was happy to say that the game was reprinted and available to distributors today!

I have looked though online retailors and it is still showing unavailable, but if it really was just available today it might take time to show up as backlogged orders are filled.

Now the questions is, is it true? Is anyone in a position to confirm this news?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(ɹnʎʞ)
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dragon10

Registration Date: 2014-07-30
Last Profile Update:
Last Login: 2014-07-30

Don't get me wrong here, but you almost appear like an advertising agent.

Anyway, I would be happy for those who were looking forward for this.

Edit: Same happened ►here.

...really ?

I guess I know what agent you are talking about.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
Champlin
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool Stuff had it in their "Restock" section yesterday but it looks like it is now showing out of stock.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Jurney
United States
Tooele
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I cant confirm or deny the news, but this game goes in between print runs all the time, this is probably the 5th or 6th printing in the last few years. If they did just send it to the distributors today, you may be able to check with your FLGS and see if they are able to order it in for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
damn you people are fast
It's finally happening!
In stock at CoolStuffInc.com!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Cody
United States
Columbus
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It still appears as if miniature market has 20+ in stock... marked up to 75 dollars... I am a little disappoint in this but I can't really blame them as the thought has crossed my mind to do this from time to time. whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Art Capps
msg tools
I think they may have uncovered some more copies or had a limited run in the past few days released. My local game store just got in a few copies two days ago after being out of stock for ages. I'm sure they're out of stock again considering the demand. I got my copy a few months ago at a substantially marked up price, and yet I don't feel cheated considering how many plays I've gotten out of such a unique game. If you've got the cash, I recommend treating yourself to such an awesome game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melissa the Gnome
United States
West Allis
WI - Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got an email from CSI yesterday afternoon that it was in stock. I was able to buy a copy for about $35. It was out of stock about 2 hours later. Hopefully, more copies will hit the retailers soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick E
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I remembered seeing a notation on CSI's item listing back in mid-May that a reprint was expected in August (I even posted about it in a thread on the game's page here to let people know). So I was expecting copies to become available ain the near future, but was not expecting them to be gone everywhere by the time I got to work last night and found out. Pretty sure the copies that sold fast back in Feb/Mar lasted more than a day.
When I saw how quickly everyone was sold out, I had to double check and see if maybe WizKids had taken over publishing, because them using the same plants they use for Marvel Dice Masters would have explained the limited supply.
Demand is still high, so I will keep waiting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nat
United Kingdom
Middlesbrough
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I remember correctly, this reprint is due to hit EU (UK in my case) in late August, just before my wedding. I've got one of our local game stores poised to alert me when they're in stock. Hopefully the run is more than a couple of copies a store.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
X X
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was able to get my copy from my FLGS yesterday, they only received 10 copies but when I got there it looks like they still had all the copies available. Spent most of last night combining the 1st and 2nd editions so I can take advantage of all of the haunts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Oliver
United Kingdom
Cheltenham
Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I had this but never really got into it to be honest. We did only play it maybe 4/5 times but it just seemed a bit.. peculiar once the haunt began. I ended up selling it on eBay for £70, which seemed pretty good at the time - it allowed me to get onto the Shadows over Normandie Kickstarter at least
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick E
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Happened to wake up just now and see that I had an email. Back in-stock at CSI...for $50.00.
Man, I haven't had that quick of a change between excitement or hype and then disappointment in a while. Oh well, the wait continues; back to sleep for me. Maybe CardHaus will have some more in-stock at $40 by the time I get to work in a couple hours and then I can sit there and debate paying $40 or waiting for $35.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
X X
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
that is pretty lame, sell a few copies at one price then claim you are out of stock then wait a few days to only suddenly have 20+ copies at a higher price. makes me glad i supported my FLGS even though i paid full MSRP I know there would probably be shipping on top of the $35
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Futral
msg tools
mbmb
I went ahead and bought this for full retail price of around $50 today when I got the notice. I heard it was being reprinted in August but was wondering, the ones that have shown up the past few days, are the new reprints or old one that they have been holding onto? Just did not want to buy the old if a new or updated version is coming out soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
astrostasis wrote:
that is pretty lame, sell a few copies at one price then claim you are out of stock then wait a few days to only suddenly have 20+ copies at a higher price

I really have no idea why anyone would ever shop at a place that did this. That is blacklisted for life material in my books.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
apotheos wrote:
I really have no idea why anyone would ever shop at a place that did this.

Because I've saved a ton of time and money compared to shopping B&M store. Not sure what's so hard to understand about that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Oliver
United Kingdom
Cheltenham
Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
apotheos wrote:
astrostasis wrote:
that is pretty lame, sell a few copies at one price then claim you are out of stock then wait a few days to only suddenly have 20+ copies at a higher price

I really have no idea why anyone would ever shop at a place that did this. That is blacklisted for life material in my books.

Might as well blacklist Amazon as well then, as I'm pretty sure that's what they do too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
curtc wrote:
apotheos wrote:

Because I've saved a ton of time and money compared to shopping B&M store. Not sure what's so hard to understand about that.

Plenty of options to do the same that don't abuse their customers with predatory aftermarket pricing of new products.

....aren't there?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(ɹnʎʞ)
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Everybody, please stop post-pushing this miserable attempt of an advert from now on.

My sincere thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Carter
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kyur wrote:
Everybody, please stop post-pushing this miserable attempt of an advert from now on.

My sincere thanks.

What are they advertising?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
I assume the theory is that the OP is a plant from Wizards of the Coast attempting to virally promote the reprint.

I'm not sure I can buy that a publisher would invest staff time in such tactics, but, hey, this world is a strange one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Gardner
United States
Kingston
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
apotheos wrote:
curtc wrote:
apotheos wrote:

Plenty of options to do the same that don't abuse their customers with predatory aftermarket pricing of new products.

....aren't there?

Me thinks you don't know what predatory means, or you're misusing the word, IMO.

I do wonder if they should rethink their policy on this. I'm completely okay with it, supply and demand and all that, but it clearly rubs some customers the wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Carter
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
apotheos wrote:
I assume the theory is that the OP is a plant from Wizards of the Coast attempting to virally promote the reprint.

I'm not sure I can buy that a publisher would invest staff time in such tactics, but, hey, this world is a strange one.

Especially for a game that is selling faster than it is being reprinted. My FLGS owner was saying that there have only been something like two print runs in the last year for Betrayal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
apotheos wrote:
curtc wrote:
apotheos wrote:

....aren't there?

Nope. Not with free shipping at $100. I guess I should have mentioned that as well. There are basically two options: CSI / MM. And of those, only CSI lets me add a daily sale item to a pending order. Neither one is perfect (I tend to get more shipping damage from MM). I support both. I don't have the luxury of defining the perfect store that does only exactly as I want them to. That would certainly be nice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.