United States
flag msg tools
You know I love the players and you love the game
badge
Let the games begin
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to Camelot Lords and Ladies!

THE MISTS OF AVALON

Round 4: Drink from the Holy Grail and regain a New Life! The Holy Grail appears in both rooms. People in the room may drink from the Holy Grail (Starting with the Leader of the room). Post "I DRINK FROM THE HOLY GRAIL". People may also decline to drink from the holy grail by saying "I DECLINE THE HOLY GRAIL". The Grail is passed around the room to all (One does not need to say "I pass the Grail to X Person" - One simply says after the leader has or has not drunk "I DRINK FROM THE HOLY GRAIL" to activate it.). The person who is worthy (randomly selected ahead of time) that drinks from the Grail at the appropriate time MUST change cards for a buried card of the same allegiance/color. If they are worthy, their change will remain hidden knowledge. Only ONE worthy person per room.

People must either drink once or decline once. Once they decide this, there is no going back.

Does NOT work on King/Dragon/Lady/Yellow Assassin (However they are welcome to "Drink" from the Grail - though it has no effect). Does not cleanse prior conditions (If they were Yellow or Foolish for example, they are still Yellow and Foolish).

Players starting in Camelot Round Four:

jafm
Clublock
mowglee
maytheodds
rathstar
DeMorcerf
violintides
Rodafowa
CraigRJ
theknightofcups
SailingChris

Shawna
Borgoto
ranapuer

Starting leader
Spoiler (click to reveal)
violintides

The leader of this room must choose TWO PEOPLE to transfer from CAMELOT to AVALON. Leader, bold that you've chosen hostages to the room thread, and PM me your choices.

Your deadline to do this is Thursday, 9:00 BGG time (CST). If transfers are not sent, random transfers will be chosen.

If you have a rules or role question, geekmail me.

Please remember: All players assigned into a room MUST NOT CHEAT and look at the other room's thread. They may only read and post in their assigned room and chambers.

Final Roleset
More Rules
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Natalie
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Let the games begin
mbmbmbmbmb
“Solemnly swear to be a good knight of the Round Table of Camelot and to never use violence without purpose, never to fall to murder or treason. I swear on my honor to give mercy when asked and to protect the innocents and to enforce their rights. And I promise to never fight in any unjust cause or to fight for personal gain. This oath I take upon my knighthood in the Round Table of Camelot."
-- Chivalric Code of the Knights of Camelot

VOTING RECORDS

Demo: Demo (1), May (2), Roda
Borgoto: Rana (3)

NOTE: Please GM me of any Status/Color Changes. Thank you

Lords and Ladies, You may Post!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Natalie
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Let the games begin
mbmbmbmbmb
Violintides, Choose first if you will drink of the Holy Grail! Then pass it around the room please!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawna
United States
flag msg tools
badge
You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.
mbmbmb
Well guys, I gave it my best shot.

I am firmly of the belief that we should send Chris over there this round and have her public reveal as the King to create as much drama as possible. If we just keep her here, we 100% lose as they will split up Assassin and Bomber.

Send Borgoto back with her for ultimate drama.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Rqthstar
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
Come together, together as one
badge
Since dawn of time the fate of man is that of lice
mb
how about sending me over so I can bargle nawdle zouss?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peer
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Play to win!
mbmbmbmbmb
shawnad2006 wrote:
Well guys, I gave it my best shot.

I am firmly of the belief that we should send Chris over there this round and have her public reveal as the King to create as much drama as possible. If we just keep her here, we 100% lose as they will split up Assassin and Bomber.

Send Borgoto back with her for ultimate drama.

HI SHAWNYPOO

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mandiekinz
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
Professor Xavier convinced Katniss to leave her home at 221B Baker Street. She jumped into the Impala shouting, "Allons-y!" .....
badge
.... to take The Ring down the yellow brick road, all through the black of the 'verse, to Narnia, to shine like a star, while saving the Enterprise from the Six-fingered Slytherin Sith.
mbmbmbmbmb
First, I appoint Shawna SIC, capable of making decisions and transfer orders just in case something happens to me...

...then I DRINK FROM THE HOLY GRAIL.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawna
United States
flag msg tools
badge
You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.
mbmbmb
rathstar wrote:
how about sending me over so I can bargle nawdle zouss?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Natalie
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Let the games begin
mbmbmbmbmb
violintides wrote:
First, I appoint Shawna SIC, capable of making decisions and transfer orders just in case something happens to me...

...then I DRINK FROM THE HOLY GRAIL.

Anyone may drink from it now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawna
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
[Drink From the Holy Grail!]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Morcerf
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Yvette
badge
Colleen Camp
mbmbmbmbmb
You fools, the Grail was never meant to return to mortal hands. None are worthy of possessing such an item. But now you've set things in motion which cannot be undun...

[I drink from the Holy Grail.]

[vote demorcerf]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mandiekinz
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
Professor Xavier convinced Katniss to leave her home at 221B Baker Street. She jumped into the Impala shouting, "Allons-y!" .....
badge
.... to take The Ring down the yellow brick road, all through the black of the 'verse, to Narnia, to shine like a star, while saving the Enterprise from the Six-fingered Slytherin Sith.
mbmbmbmbmb
whisper shawna

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawna
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
[Whisper Violin]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peer
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Play to win!
mbmbmbmbmb
Drink from the Grail

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mandiekinz
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shawnad2006 wrote:
[Whisper Violin]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rana Puer
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
drink from the grail

also

Contrary to what some have said about me, I am not the traveler

I am just really good at getting kicked out of places
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
a quiet free spirit with a mysterious past
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vote DeMo

I drink from the Holy Grail!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Rqthstar
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
Come together, together as one
badge
Since dawn of time the fate of man is that of lice
mb
ranapuer wrote:
drink from the grail

also

Contrary to what some have said about me, I am not the traveler

I am just really good t getting kicked out of places

I dunno, I'm irrationally excited about the traveler session report.

Also, I drink from the grail after carefully wiping off the rim. gross!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Morcerf
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Yvette
badge
Colleen Camp
mbmbmbmbmb
Go ahead and drink, you greedy and wanton mortals. Continue to intervene in divine and fae matters that you have no right to ever see. It shall only further doom your souls to damnation. None of you is worthy.

And this pathetic aging kingdom of yours will crumble, fall, and fade away and with it, all traces of the magic to which you have stolen access. But your ruin, your punishment, that will be eternal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christine Lawrence
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
The honey badger is really pretty badass. It has no regard for any other animal whatsoever. Look at him, he's just grunting, and eating snakes. Eew! What's that? A mouse? Oh that's nasty.
badge
But look! The honey badger doesn't care! It's getting stung like a thousand times. It doesn't give a $#%^. It's just hungry. It doesn't care about being stung by bees. Nothing can stop the honey badger when it's hungry. What a crazy @&#%!
mbmbmbmbmb
I drink from the grail

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathieu
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
Beep! Boop!
badge
Boop! Boing!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello!

I believe the right play is to send me with the king if blue wants a chance at winning.

People here are probably not all aware of the amount of action that went down in the other room.

Right now if nothing happens, blue has no chance to win and Yellow have most likely the win. I think I have convinced everyone but Bluetorch of my plan to become leader and have an impartial coinflip between red and blue instead of having blind faith into rochelle and Slathe. I believe had I stayed there that people would have voted me into power in this round. I think Yellow should have waited for R4 to send me away but it wont matter much.

It could be that people stopped caring and are inactive and that would be understandable too but the plan can work.

The king has to be there because if it really will be a coinflip and my neutral view will not matter.

And heh.

I drink from the grail
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mohit Goel
India
Mumbai
Maharashtra
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I drink from the grail

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Morcerf
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Yvette
badge
Colleen Camp
mbmbmbmbmb
You do not have a place to say such things now, Lady of the Lake. You should never have given Arthur Excalibur, then a world where ALL these wanton mortals burn could have existed. You seek to become the kingmaker that I warned you would be. You ignored Oberon's decree that the fae should not interfere with mortal affairs.

I may be stuck as an on-looker watching fate unfold from a distance, but I will pause to speak for those in Avalon:

Why is it so awful for the Fisher King to win versus Arthur to win? How is that supposedly anymore appealing to me?

You want to flip a coin? Weren't Arthur's knights and Caitlin last round yelling "where did you get the coin from?!" ?

I much prefer a world where the Fisher King can decide to be random or just take the win than a world where Arthur and his heinous drones have any decent chance of surviving.

Of my goals of making Arthur and Merlin suffer and die and of taking over Camelot, the chances of fate are undeniably more favourable for me without a change of leadership in Avalon. As it stands I am guaranteed one of my two desires -- and the more satisfying one, no less.

This is a war. And I would rather watch it all burn than see Camelot still standing in Arthur's hands.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peer
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Play to win!
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there anything we can even do...?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathieu
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
Beep! Boop!
badge
Boop! Boing!
mbmbmbmbmb
If you keep king here, you offer them a real coinflip between the fisher King and the dragon.

If you send me and king, you make them think and maybe accept my offer which is equal or strictly better to yellow's offer. They may refuse out of loyalty but it's blues only shot I feel.

Blue had 2 problems this game.

1- Perfect information. Seems like everyone knows who every VIP is.. I don't know what happened round 1 but that was surprising.

2- Yellow assassin favors red over blue in a significative way. I think this is ok as it only means blue victory is more glorious in this situation

As soon as red and yellow cooperate with the assassin, blue is 100% screwed. I dont know if anyone can find another plan but sending me and King may give you a better than 0% win. And reds here should agree too as it only gives them better odds. I dont even know who is in charge.

I know i'm not making any sense at this point, let's sleep

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.