Subject: Beast Genetics Expert Help rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jose Roberto Rojas Salas
Costa Rica
flag msg tools
Hello everyone!

Status of the table:

Aron has on his desk Human Torch level two, one Iroman Inventor Level 2, Aron has 10 points of life.

http://www.dicemastersdb.com/catalog/marvel/avengers-vs-x-me...

Noa has a Beast Genetics Expert level 0, Noa has 5 points of life.

Aron says the attack (Human Torch and Ironman) and Noa blocks with his Beast to the Human Torch.

Once declared blockers, what happens? Noa dies or life points Noa are now 1 and Aron 8?

Muchas gracias, Pura Vida!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Redd
United States
Bremerton
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
First, I assume you're referring to characters as "Level 0, 1, and 2" instead of "Level 1, 2, and 3" and mean to say Torch and Iron Man are at Level 3 - otherwise, the attack couldn't possibly kill Noa (neither has 5 attack at Level 2). Also, I wouldn't have any idea what a Beast does at Level 0. But I get it - inflicting 2 damage, he must be Level 1, his burst-side.

So, to quit dancing around the bush and answer the question: Noa is dead. All damage is dealt simultaneously to characters and players. Once all the damage is assigned and resolved, Noa could check to see if that damage knocked out any characters that would gain him life as a result, i.e. Beast, but he can't - once he is reduced to zero life, the game ends before he can actually resolve any of the effects triggered by the damage that killed them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jose Roberto Rojas Salas
Costa Rica
flag msg tools
Ok, all perfect I resolved this same situation the way you instructed me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Worth
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
This issue is still up for debate. The counter argument is that simultaneous damage is character to character caused by dice values only. The inflicting of player damage comes at the end of the assign damage rules. This is further supported by the combat example.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave M
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kworth wrote:
This issue is still up for debate. The counter argument is that simultaneous damage is character to character caused by dice values only. The inflicting of player damage comes at the end of the assign damage rules. This is further supported by the combat example.

Honestly, I think that interpretation just wants to make things more difficult than they are.

The first part of that paragraph says that all damage is simultaneous. That's all you need.

Since we need to be able to READ the paragraph, they had to list things out in SOME order. Since the characters may have the more complex interactions, they listed that first in the rules and in the combat example.

The only things that are chronological are the actual larger bullet points that explain the combat step.

I might need to combine three things in a bowl when cooking something, and the order doesn't matter, but they're going to list them in an order just because there's no other way to do it. If I happen to put the egg in first when it's listed second, it's not going to change the recipe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Worth
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
This is not just a list of things to do. Its separate paragraphs, the first of which starts with once.

If a recipe says 'Once you have browned the beef, remove it from the pan and do step B.

Do step C.'

Then I brown the beef, then do step B, then do step C in that order.

And the example really can't be interpreted any other way
Quote:

Hulk took damage again, triggering his ability yet again, but there are no level-1
characters that Scott can crush.
Iron Man took no damage from Thor, so he cannot use his ability a second time. This
means that Hulk survives the turn, but then again, so does Iron Man.
Finally, Storm deals three damage to Ryan and moves to the used pile. Thor, Hulk, amd
Iron Man each go back to their respective fields

Hulk takes damage.
His ability is triggered.
Player takes damage.

Damage from triggered abilities can not be simultaneous with regular combat because then players could reach zero life simultaneously.
So things happen in this order:
characters take damage
KO and 'take damage' abilities are triggered
players take damage

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Thompson
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So you are saying that in this example Noa would still have 1 life left, yes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.