United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
Are you up for a game of Wellington?
badge
I really do have a wonderful life.
mbmbmbmbmb
The after-hours gaming was a lot of fun at the World Boardgaming Championships in Lancaster, PA. Last year, Malloc and I played a game of Shadows over Camelot with Tom Peruda and his brother Gunner. Both were available for a game of Rette Sich Wer Kann on Thursday night. Malloc, Bobby Tweaks, a fellow named Jeremy, and I took them up on an offer for gaming that lasted way into the wee hours of the morning.

Rette Sich Wer Kann or Lifeboat is a game of getting more of your game pieces to shore through voting on which boats spring a leak and which player's piece gets thrown overboard, so essentially Diplomacy the short version. Or so it seemed when we began, but the game must have gone on for three hours.

Highlights included the sinking of the red boat. Bobby Tweaks had the only piece in that boat before it went down, so it became the rallying cry for the rest of the game as both Tom and Gunner were in the lead positions up to that point. No one trusted them after that, so in the end it came down to a vote on whether a boat where I had three pieces would come to shore and win me the game or if instead it would be a boat where Bobby Tweaks and Jeremy would win the game. I was not able to land a single pieces on shore that game, so Bobby Tweaks and Jeremy took the win.

Still a fun game, although as I went looking to find VuduJoie at 5:30 in the morning, it hit me that I might not be waking up for Hammer of the Scots the next day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.