Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nicholas Wyman
United States
Glen spey
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My girlfriend and I are looking for a good two player game. How is this game for two players. If anybody would like to recommend a good two player game that would be great too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Whitpan
United States
Schwenksville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Nicholas, I am not sure how this plays with 2, have only played it with 4. I am not sure you would get the full effect of the game with two though.

As far as the other half of your question, my Wife and I two player a lot of things. I found Rahdo on Youtube (who plays and runs through two player games exclusively) a great resource and jumping off point.

Personally I have found....
Stone Age
Rococo
Istanbul
Morels
Bruges

Very good (Far from a full listing, but some that spring to mind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mc Jarvis
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
I speak to improve upon the cacophony.
badge
This heart is meant to convince you that I feel.
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I enjoy playing it as a 2p, but we also enjoy playing Poseidon as a 2p game. The game is definitely not as much about group think as it is with more players, so in my mind it turns into very much a "do things and see what happens" type game, rather than a strategic game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nicolas --

I'd be very interested in hearing opinions on this as well. A few threads already exist, I believe, but they were ambiguous (the discussions never really went too deep).

Rahdo's video on CO2 is decent, but was unfortunately made before he adopted his multi video approach to reviewing (so his final thoughts aren't as fully developed). He seemed to like it with 2, but I also got the impression the game didn't win him over much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ariel
Chile
Vina del Mar
V. Region
flag msg tools
badge
constantly thinking on variants to create and implement
mbmbmbmbmb
I play this with 2 players, so I can say that:

1) It's easy lost the game for polution, but that is interesting.
2) Each player have more tourns in each decade, this brings (like 2 player carcassonne) more control.
3) The final score frecuently is very close, like creatures big and small game.

But works very well, if you select the correct dificulty level at the start.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Wyman
United States
Glen spey
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you all for your input.

Why is the final score so close? Is that how the game is design or is it because players are very good at the game? ?I am trying to say is that the game is random that why the score close?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E Thomas
United States
Gresham
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a fan of it as a 2p game and so is my wife. I've played at all player counts. It is great with more players, but also much longer. It actually plays pretty quickly with two and has a nice rhythm, while maintaining interesting decisions and difficulty level.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
Draper
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I enjoyed it two player. I recently acquired the arctic expansion, and hope to give it a try with the two player mix. We played it the first time and easily won the game, but I worried more about the game than my opponent who easily won by a lot of points. It is good to be aware of the game, but also, don't let that give your opponent an easy win; make sure the optimum move is not always you setting up your opponent for the VPs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ariel
Chile
Vina del Mar
V. Region
flag msg tools
badge
constantly thinking on variants to create and implement
mbmbmbmbmb
Combat311 wrote:
Why is the final score so close?

Well, in 2 players games that provide control both players usually can and play very good and that allows a close final score, between 1 and 5 points only.

The last time I won by 1 point in basic carcassonne, 2 points in CO2 and 5 in Ingenius.

Games with more players make more diverse scores, but doesn't mean it's a bad thing, only that with less players every detail in the game influence even more for victory.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
Draper
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chango wrote:
Combat311 wrote:
Why is the final score so close?

Well, in 2 players games that provide control both players usually can and play very good and that allows a close final score, between 1 and 5 points only.

The last time I won by 1 point in basic carcassonne, 2 points in CO2 and 5 in Ingenius.

Games with more players make more diverse scores, but doesn't mean it's a bad thing, only that with less players every detail in the game influence even more for victory.

when 1 player gains 2 points, that is a net of 4 points because the other player did not gain those 2 points. It shows up more in 2 player games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Wyman
United States
Glen spey
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys for all you good input. I will be looking to pick up CO2 or shipyard. I will ask my girlfriend which one she wants.

Thanks again

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.