Fury of Dracula (Second Edition)» Forums » General

Subject: catacombs rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Jankowski
United States
New York
flag msg tools
I'm just curious if anyone ever uses the catacombs ability?? I think I may have used it once ever and that was just because I was fooling around with it. Just curious if anyone uses it for any practical purpose??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Sure.
Put a card there and add the weakest encounter you've in hand (Farmers, etc.) to effectively replace it at no cost. After three times, clean up the Catacombs and restart (no need to do it when you've only "strong" encounters in hand, but that's rare: you usually are more than willing to try to get a Vampire or Fog).
Ideally, sometimes you can leave there a "knot" city (like Paris) with a nasty encounter, but practically it happened less than once per game in my plays.
Have fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Welch
United States
Joplin
Missouri
flag msg tools
The ability to double up on encounters lets you leave stronger obstacles wherever you feel like it. Hunter's ability to rest and heal themselves makes the ability to stack damaging encounters particularly useful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew W.
United States
Monessen
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Taoist, Pittsburgh Sports fan, and welcoming to people who are kind, from any walk of life.
badge
I have been playing games since the Atari 2600, Candy Land, Chuttes and Ladders, Go Fish, & the Apple ii. Supporting "the Geek" since 2006
mbmbmbmbmb
it is both a great way to get two weak encounters out of one's hand and keep them out of the encounter pool until they are discovered that you put them on some weak, out of the way city, allowing you to draw better encounters for immediate placement, and also a great way to stack a nasty trap or two on a key city that crosses several routes that you are pretty sure the Hunters will stumble through.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.