Popular Tags: [View All]
Frank Schulte-Kulkmann
Germany
Essen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a heads-up:

Ryan has launched an expansion for Eight-Minute Empire: Legends on Kickstarter, and the Europe board expansion is available as pledge-level!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/953146955/eight-minute-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Vanek
United States
Twinsburg
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems odd that there is no level to get the base game of legends plus the expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Staudt
Germany
Rutesheim
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Same here - I'll not pledge for an expansion without having / getting the base game.

And later on, I will not buy the game without a chance for the kickstarter stuff.

Hopefully they'll adapt their campaign as I have the original 8ME and would back this immediately if it offered the complete thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Hymowitz
United States
Elkridge
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kulkmann wrote:
Ryan has launched an expansion for Eight-Minute Empire: Legends on Kickstarter, and the Europe board expansion is available as pledge-level!

Wait, is this an expansion for 8ME or for 8ME:L ?

I have to say that I was disappointed with the whole 8ME / 8ME:L situation, and now you're just rubbing it in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Doughty
United States
California
flag msg tools
OVERTEXT HERE
badge
Funded by supporters like you!
mb
Lost Lands is an expansion for EME:L. The Kickstarter is however also making the previous expansion boards for both EME & EME:L available again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Whitpan
United States
Schwenksville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zxqueb wrote:
Seems odd that there is no level to get the base game of legends plus the expansions.

Having not picked up Legends yet I would have certainly pulled the trigger with this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David M
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hymie wrote:
kulkmann wrote:

Wait, is this an expansion for 8ME or for 8ME:L?

To be absolutely clear, the Europe board offered in this Kickstarter is an expansion for the original Eight-Minute Empire.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David M
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hymie wrote:
I have to say that I was disappointed with the whole 8ME / 8ME:L situation, and now you're just rubbing it in.

What were you disappointed about?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Hymowitz
United States
Elkridge
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
davymast wrote:
hymie wrote:

I KickStarted the original 8ME, and it eventually turned out, although not quite in so many words, that the purpose behind 8ME was to raise enough money to publish the real game, 8ME:L . There was no upgrade path or expansion kit for the 8ME owners. 8ME was a standalone game that, I now see, has been abandoned in favor of 8ME:L which is getting expansions and updates.

I still love 8ME and play it often when I need a quick filler. I'm just disappointed by how quickly it was completely abandoned in favor of its sequel.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Harriman
United States
Lebanon
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hymie wrote:
davymast wrote:
hymie wrote:

I KickStarted the original 8ME, and it eventually turned out, although not quite in so many words, that the purpose behind 8ME was to raise enough money to publish the real game, 8ME:L . There was no upgrade path or expansion kit for the 8ME owners. 8ME was a standalone game that, I now see, has been abandoned in favor of 8ME:L which is getting expansions and updates.

I still love 8ME and play it often when I need a quick filler. I'm just disappointed by how quickly it was completely abandoned in favor of its sequel.

I am happy the Europe map has been made.
Fingers crossed I can get a copy.
I really like 8ME and just want more maps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.