15 Posts

Android: Netrunner» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Yellow Fever Mark I rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Grish Noren
msg tools
mbmb
This deck has been a serious pain for anyone who plays against it. It's only losses are from timely legworks, and frankly I'd love to see a corp deck that doesn't lose to timely legworks.

Like it's predecessors, this is a deck about taxing your opponent. In the early game that means putting out econ assets for them. They have decide to let you be rich and have the monetary advantage or to be poor themselves, skipping set up. You're fine with either decision because you have operational economy in your back pocket. Ice centrals and save hive for a remote if you can.

Scoring a 5/3 first is usually your best option and leads to the best board state, but you have an archer in hand/play then breaking news and NAPD are both good choices.

The trick with this deck is to try and optimize the number of subroutines and icetypes on each server so that when you drop midway you're essentially doubling the costs of your servers. Midway & Ash are good for a remote, but if the remote is solid enough Ash is sometimes better on HQ/R&D. HQ if you're expecting legwork.

I've found this deck to be a lot of fun, it's somewhere between Rush & Red Coats. It doesn't have the explosiveness of either in either direction, but I think long term there's a deck archetype here. I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Yellow Fever

Near-Earth Hub: Broadcast Center (Upstalk)

Agenda (9)
2x Breaking News (Core Set)
1x Executive Retreat (Trace Amount)
3x NAPD Contract (Double Time)
3x Priority Requisition (Core Set)

Asset (9)
3x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves)
3x Marked Accounts (Cyber Exodus)
3x PAD Campaign (Core Set)

Upgrade (5)
2x Ash 2X3ZB9CY (What Lies Ahead) ••••
3x Midway Station Grid (Upstalk)

Operation (9)
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
3x Restructure (Second Thoughts)
3x Sweeps Week (True Colors)

Barrier (7)
3x Eli 1.0 (Future Proof) •••
1x Hive (Double Time) ••
1x Wall of Thorns (Core Set)
2x Wraparound (Fear and Loathing)

Code Gate (6)
2x Datapike (Creation and Control)
1x Enigma (Core Set)
2x Lotus Field (Upstalk) ••
1x Tollbooth (Core Set)

Sentry (4)
1x Archer (Core Set) ••
3x Rototurret (Core Set) •••

17 influence spent (max 17)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Upstalk

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley Kinslow
United States
Piperton
Tennessee
flag msg tools
↳ Do one brain damage ↳ Do one brain damage ↳ End the run
badge
Real heroes wear pink.
mb
Re: Yellow Jackets Mark I
gumOnShoe wrote:
...and frankly I'd love to see a corp deck that doesn't lose to timely legworks.

Cerebral Imaging?

I don't know if I like the idea of NBN Corping without Astro or Beale (especially Beale). The deck looks solid though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daine .

Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmb
That looks really harsh to play against.

How often do you get your archer rezzed? Is it mainly through Priority Requisition?

How rich do you usually run? If runners trash your asset economy do you still have enough to rez all of your ice?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grish Noren
msg tools
mbmb
Daine wrote:
How often do you get your archer rezzed? Is it mainly through Priority Requisition?

In the games that I see it 70% of the time it goes up. Pri req or agenda sac. Sometimes I'm willing to lose an NAPD to get Hive back online for a larger agenda, but most of the time it's a making news. Sometimes it's on a remote, and sometimes it's on a central; it usually depends on where I think the leak is in my defenses.

Quote:
How rich do you usually run? If runners trash your asset economy do you still have enough to rez all of your ice?

Early game I'm floating between 5 and 13. Midgame I'll fluctuate between 7 and 18. By the end game I'm usually up above 15 most of the time. I actually had a game the other day where there runner let me get up to 38.

What helps with that is sometimes baiting Midway, Ash, & Jackson as agendas; and of course using jackson to get the econ back that they do trash.

Magnum Opus & security testing makes it more difficult to keep those stats up, but anarch and criminal don't have a consistant enough monetary source to both trash assets all day and run servers that matter. If I'm against a solid economic engine then I may have to throw an ice or two onto remotes that have asset econ, but generally I'm just playing them naked.

It's not easy if they destroy the passive econ, but if they do, it usually lets you score faster and safer since they can't get their breakers out as they are clicking for credits all of the time/trying to recoop from the credit swing. In situations like that I'll often use NAPD to drain them when they can get in and score the 5/3 when they're broke.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grish Noren
msg tools
mbmb
wedgeex wrote:
gumOnShoe wrote:
...and frankly I'd love to see a corp deck that doesn't lose to timely legworks.

Cerebral Imaging?

Yeah, and corporate shuffle can also give this deck a few more legs if you're worried about legwork; my testing versions had 2 of it and I'm still not sure if I want them back.

Quote:
I don't know if I like the idea of NBN Corping without Astro or Beale (especially Beale). The deck looks solid though.

I'm sure you could build a faster version of this by changing the agenda spread, but I was trying just build a slow advance NBN, and this seemed to work. Astro and Beale are always solid choices, but I honestly haven't tested this style of deck with them. It may be a missed opportunity.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Awesome
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Can't read my POKAH FASE
mbmbmbmbmb
So how is this related to the original Yellow Jackets deck?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grish Noren
msg tools
mbmb
Keggy wrote:

There's an original. Must predate me. Yellow -> Red; Jackets -> Coat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zeb
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
You found me!
badge
Hiss.
mbmbmbmbmb
So now's a good time for me to post my Mauve Windbreaker deck?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse M
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
It looks like it could do a good NBN taxing thing but maybe has a bit of an identity crisis at the moment.

Here are my thoughts:
- Just run Astroscript. There is no reason not to run Astroscript in a competitive NBN deck.
- On that note, why executive retreat over Beale and a third Breaking News (more archer bait)? You can advance a Beale to 5, but you can also just score it for two points so it seems way more flexible.
- You run a low amount of ice considering the amount of assets you run. Security Testing is a really good card and just putting a popup over a Pad Campaign can make it sting a bit less.
- You are kind of all in on Ash yet you only run two. Maybe run an Interns?
- Midway Station is cool with Hive (which is great in NBN), but you are basically putting it in the spot usually reserved for SanSan, which is going to cost the same amount to trash, most definitely force a run, and also help you win the game.
- Datapike is probably strictly better than Enigma in this deck considering what you are trying to do and that you are not running any midseasons or tag punishment that could trap a careless runner.
- Eli and Midway don't work together, but obviously he is super strong.
- You run Archer with 2 Breaking News and No Fast Track. I see this as a problem because your easiest way to win is to score two 5/3s and then a quick Breaking News. If you sacrifice a Breaking News to Archer you need to see the second one or go out of your way scoring an NAPD or something to win. Of course you can rez to Priority Req, but that's not going to help you when you are in a tight spot and can only score a 2/1 to Rez the Archer and bring you back in the game. It seems like Archer more often than not will be a dead card, maybe make it another Hive?
- Rototurret is pretty bad right now with all the Parasite spam. This is the biggest problem with NEH for me and why I think Making News is better. There are no really good Sentries for NEH but Making News makes great use of Caduceus and Draco.
- Subliminal Messaging could be good here. Restructure in NBN doesn't make as much sense to me without Midseasons. Having a ton of cash just makes you vulnerable to Siphon and you have no SanSans to dump that cash into.

Also, I really like Hive in NBN and for what its worth I've won a Store Championship with the below list, and finished 2nd in Regionals with the only change being a swap from Interns to Fast Track. Overall it took one loss in Swiss in the Store Championship and one loss in both Swiss and Elims for Regionals putting it at only 3 losses in around 15-18 games over those two tournaments.

For some reason I saw Hive a lot more than I expected considering its a 1-of but it was always a welcome card to see. I will most likely swap it to Lotus Field now but I think I will definitely miss Hive in some games. In many games it's a bigger Eli.

NBN: Making News

Agenda (11)
3 AstroScript Pilot Program
2 Breaking News
3 NAPD Contract
3 Project Beale

Asset (8)
3 Jackson Howard
3 Marked Accounts
2 PAD Campaign

Upgrade (5)
2 Ash 2X3ZB9CY ••••
3 SanSan City Grid

Operation (7)
1 Fast Track
3 Hedge Fund
3 Sweeps Week

Barrier (6)
3 Eli 1.0 •••
1 Hive ••
2 Wraparound

Code Gate (7)
3 Pop-up Window
2 Quandary
2 Tollbooth

Sentry (5)
3 Caduceus ••••• •
2 Draco
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
Sometimes you have to roll the hard six.
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
What have you done to our baby!?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Awesome
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Can't read my POKAH FASE
mbmbmbmbmb
gumOnShoe wrote:
Keggy wrote:

It won/top 8'd many spots in the TX and OK regionals.

Here's the list.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grish Noren
msg tools
mbmb
Keggy wrote:
gumOnShoe wrote:
Keggy wrote:

It won/top 8'd many spots in the TX and OK regionals.

Here's the list.

My bad. lol. Had no idea. Will rename it later. Though, looking at your list; it's not all that different

Spoiler (click to reveal)
They both have Ash!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Blumklotz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, in Portland, Oregon we had a running joke about a fake deck called "Purple Sweaters" (I think it was a throw away line in a Cascade Collective video from the Seattle Regional). Well, it as fake until a player made one the other day (just played against it last night)...

My own Red Coats variant is called Neo Hessians because of all the influence used in Custom Biotics.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grish Noren
msg tools
mbmb
Saracenus wrote:
Yeah, in Portland, Oregon we had a running joke about a fake deck called "Purple Sweaters" (I think it was a throw away line in a Cascade Collective video from the Seattle Regional). Well, it as fake until a player made one the other day (just played against it last night)...

My own Red Coats variant is called Neo Hessians because of all the influence used in Custom Biotics.

That looks pretty cool.

I've been running my own custom biotics:
http://netrunnerdb.com/en/decklist/8132/purple-parka

Honestly its the same idea as the deck above, but it's a bit stronger than Yellow Fever due to the Ice quality. Money is easier in NBN, but the HB deck wins more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hopkins
United Kingdom
Edinburgh
Midlothian
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been waiting for deck lists like this to start cropping up! I decided to give a Midway based deck a try out of Custom Biotics, will report back on that.

One bit of ICE I was fairly curious about was Urobouros... Maybe in the slot that is normally taken up by Tollbooth? It works well combed with Midway or Ash (assuming at least the first trace hits), although it's still Femme bait it's at least cheaper to Rez and still more expensive to bypass. I never see this ice in any decks, so I'm assuming there's a drawback I'm not seeing!

Incidentally, the deck I've planned would play so well with Heinlein grid in it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.