Popular Tags: [View All]
D Conklin
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are quite a few threads going about OP2. To help out, here they are, collectively collected (see what I did there?) in one place:

Collective Op 2: Nasty ways to hurt your opponent :-)
The Collective OP Month Two: The Battle of Wolf 359 Fleet Discussion and Strategy
Convince me not to go Borg -- (Collective OP2)
Collective 2 "The Battle of Wolf 359" high scores list!
"Balanced for cross-faction", Collective OP2, *really*?
Collective OP 2 Fleets to share with everyone
How Are People Getting ~60-80 Damage in OP2?
Debating Builds for Collective OP 2
positive attributes during Collective 2
Collective OP2 Meta?
Collective OP 2 Build - Romulan Pure
OP2 Invinsible Warbird! (mixed faction build)

(if I missed any, feel free to post a link below)

Note that most of these focus on build strategies (firepower vs defense vs mess up opponent)...

I was hoping for a little more discussion on other topics like initial placement of debris (using as a shield wall?), placement of fleets (do you use bumping, etc to slow your opponent down?), and maneuvering (how do you keep the cube in your arc?).

Also, getting the "timing" right... ie, blast early and often to pile up damage but die before time vs slow roll and survive long enough that you're the only one shooting until time is up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Ryan
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dc0nklin wrote:
There are quite a few threads going about OP2. To help out, here they are, collectively collected (see what I did there?) in one place:

Collective Op 2: Nasty ways to hurt your opponent :-)
The Collective OP Month Two: The Battle of Wolf 359 Fleet Discussion and Strategy
Convince me not to go Borg -- (Collective OP2)
Collective 2 "The Battle of Wolf 359" high scores list!
"Balanced for cross-faction", Collective OP2, *really*?
Collective OP 2 Fleets to share with everyone
How Are People Getting ~60-80 Damage in OP2?
Debating Builds for Collective OP 2
positive attributes during Collective 2

(if I missed any, feel free to post a link below)

Note that most of these focus on build strategies (firepower vs defense vs mess up opponent)...

I was hoping for a little more discussion on other topics like initial placement of debris (using as a shield wall?), placement of fleets (do you use bumping, etc to slow your opponent down?), and maneuvering (how do you keep the cube in your arc?).

Also, getting the "timing" right... ie, blast early and often to pile up damage but die before time vs slow roll and survive long enough that you're the only one shooting until time is up.

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1209377/collective-op2-meta
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.