Andrew Morgan
United Kingdom
Luton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought a copy of Kingsport and Dunwich cheap but turns out it was false economy as there was a lot missing from both expansions and a lot of base game stuff included instead. The seller is trying to sort it and find his missing base game box but it's not looking good.

So basically, is anyone missing any parts from the base game?

And does anyone have these parts from either Kingsport or Dunwich?

this is what's missing :
Kingsport
14 common items
2 captain of the white ship
2 changed cards
56 kingsport location cards
16 epic battle cards
45 ancient one plot cards
one 1 bast token (with the cat on)

Dunwich
24 injury cards
24 madness cards
8 sheldon gang cards
8 rail passes
4 conditions
7 replacement arkham cards
63 arkham location cards
wilson richard investigator sheet
3 of the rubble markers

PM if you think we can help each other out in anyway, cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiago Perretto
Brazil
Curitiba
Parana
flag msg tools
Thinking about my next move.
badge
So, if my only options are these, then I shall...
mbmbmbmbmb
Ugh, tough.

But, at least you won't miss the Bast token nor the 2 captain of the white ship cards. Some may even taken you are better off without them!

Good luck, anyway.

Regards,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Morgan
United Kingdom
Luton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know right! FFG haven't been any help either

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil J.
United States
Castle Rock
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tiagoVIP wrote:
Ugh, tough.

But, at least you won't miss the Bast token nor the 2 captain of the white ship cards. Some may even taken you are better off without them!

Good luck, anyway.

Regards,

TiagoVIP, are you implying that the Bast herald and the Captain of the White Ship status really suck that bad? I own but haven't yet played Kingsport Horror and just curious to know more about your impressions of these cards as well as the others from that expansion. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
daa1982
Canada
Ontario, Canada
flag msg tools
Cripes, that sounds like a lot of missing cards.

Sorry to hear you got short changed.

Until you find real replacements, at least you can find these on the Arkham Horror wiki and maybe print some off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiago Perretto
Brazil
Curitiba
Parana
flag msg tools
Thinking about my next move.
badge
So, if my only options are these, then I shall...
mbmbmbmbmb
Gaius wrote:
tiagoVIP wrote:
Ugh, tough.

Good luck, anyway.

Regards,

TiagoVIP, are you implying that the Bast herald and the Captain of the White Ship status really suck that bad? I own but haven't yet played Kingsport Horror and just curious to know more about your impressions of these cards as well as the others from that expansion. Thanks.

Indeed! The Bast token most rarely is worth the $2 you must spend on it. Be Beloved by Bast is great, but when your stack of Mythos is really high (due to the expansions), it is not likely that the Story Continues will come.

And, for the Captain, is too much work to reach its space and come back. The card isn't all that great to be worth the effort to get them.

All in all I think Kingsport is the weakest of the big box expansions (though it still has cool stuff on it).

Regards,
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree wholeheartedly with Tiago's impressions of the Bast Token and the Captain of the White Ship cards. However, I thoroughly enjoy Kingsport as an expansion, simply because its core game mechanic...the Rifts...can, in no way, be diluted through the use of other expansions.

Cheers,
Joe

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob T
United States
Mantua (near Woodbury)
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't have any extra Kingsport or Dunwich pieces, but I'm looking for replacement monsters from the base game.

Wow. Sounds like the whole Kingsport expansion is missing! I actually like Kingsport better than Dunwich, yes I know that's heresy. The Rifts make things tougher but not impossible, plus the whole expansion is just a lot...weirder. Monsters, AOs, even the investigators are a couple notches stranger.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.