Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Ramundi
Canada
Cornwall
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A full (?) list of the cards can be found here (use the list on the left to navigate through the various sets). Discounting promos, there are 806 unique cards so far.

An interactive tutorial can be found here (in Japanese).

Google does an okay job of translating card text, but if anybody knows where to find translated cards/rules, or if anybody could translate the tutorial, I would very much love to know. Please send me a PM (even if you see this message 10+ years from now).

Hopefully they will some day bring this game to North America, but I'm not holding my breath.

EDIT (14-04-2018):

A database of cards can be found here. Cards are listed by set and by type in the menu on the left.

It seems to have all cards. If a link doesn't work, enter the card's serial number in the search field on the left to bring up its page.

A database of card images can be found at the following URL: http://www.geocities.jp/monpota/MHHC/card/X/BY.jpg

X = First letter of card's type in lowercase (use AtWiki database to confirm card types).
Y = Card's serial number.

Example: To see the first card of the second set (02-01), which is a Guild Monster, the URL is: http://www.geocities.jp/monpota/MHHC/card/g/B02-01.jpg

It seems to have all cards from the first 7 sets; set 8 is missing. Not sure about promos/starter-specific cards.

You can try finding missing images here. This page lists all Guild Monsters and the Hunters that enable them (handy).

Example: The Basic Starter Rathalos cannot be found using the typical method. The URL is: http://www.geocities.jp/monpota/MHHC/card/g/reus.jpg

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J M
United States
Beaumont
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
dead links

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Ramundi
Canada
Cornwall
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, that's a shame.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J M
United States
Beaumont
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I am currently working on card text translate and I'm picking the tutorial apart as I can. I had to use the wayback machine and google app can translate pics.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Ramundi
Canada
Cornwall
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RockstarSuperVillain wrote:
I am currently working on card text translate and I'm picking the tutorial apart as I can. I had to you the wayback machine and google app can translate pics.

Sweet. Keep me up to date.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Ramundi
Canada
Cornwall
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
See OP for major update.

I'm currently putting together an Excel sheet with all of the card data organized by set, including the starter, half starter, and concept deck lists. It will contain preliminary translations of all elements except card names, effects/abilities, and armor/armor requirements. I will upload it when finished.

I will work on a full English translation afterwards, starting with the basic starter, the first two half decks, and the first two sets. This should be enough to allow people to create PnPs and/or play online (more on this below).

I found, via Wayback Machine, the pdf manual for the game (https://web.archive.org/web/20150202065532/http://www.capcom.co.jp:80/mhhc/play_guide/manual_download.html), and will work to translate that as well.

However, this will all take some time. If anybody is interested in assisting with translation, particularly if you are fluent/semi-fluent in reading and writing Japanese, post here. In particular, I need help with translating the manual. I know enough to write a basic one, but I'd be doing it more or less from scratch, and it would be missing some finer rules details and exceptions.

Google does a good enough job at translating card text that I can infer what each card does with what knowledge I have of this and other card games.

Furthermore, I am working on creating templates for each card type and will start creating images for individual cards as they are translated.

I would like to use these images to create a playing environment on Tabletopia and/or Tabletop Simulator. If you are interested in playing online, post here. I would like to try the game with BGG users in this way (I can teach the rules), and even play regularly if we enjoy it enough.

These images could also be used to create PnPs for those interested. I can upload the templates when finished, or even the created card images (for the pre-cons) on request. I'm not sure if this is breaking any rules, however. I think custom created cards are fine, so long as we're not straight uploading card images and other content without permission (hence why I will not upload the manual and instead provided a link).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.