I was just quickly mulling over an idea that went like this:
- Each player gets 15 Room Cards
- Each player gets 5 spell Cards
PHASE 1 BUILD
- The first turn each player build the best 5 room dungeon they can with all their room cards, this includes putting advanced room cards on top of ordinary rooms.
PHASE 2 ADVENTURE
- One at a time each, hero is resolved by seeing which dungeon it is baited to and it attempts to go through that dungeon.
- Any player can use spells to help themselves or hinder another player using the normal spell rules
PHASE 3 SCORING
- First player to 10 souls wins
- Last player to lose 5 wounds wins
- OR Play till all the heroes are gone and see who has the most points
SOLO / SOLITAIRE / 1 PLAYER VARIANT
- Winning condition is set to High Score mode, try and get through as much of the Hero Horde as possible.
Any thoughts would be appreciated! Thanks!
Salt Lake City
How about adding some co-op rules to this variant!?
I like it. I kind of feel that this is almost what the real game is-- a tiny bit of skill and decisions, and then a bunch of luck. So this variant just stream-lines it all together into two single phases.
I can see maybe having two rounds like this:
- You get 10 cards and build a 3 room dungeon (using any and all cards including advances), and then go through all the base heroes.
- Then get 5 more cards, and build up your dungeon up to 5 rooms. Then go through the epic heroes.
The, tally up scores: soul points - damage points.
- Last edited Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:39 pm (Total Number of Edits: 1)
- Posted Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:39 pm