Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex Pathfinder
msg tools
I was just quickly mulling over an idea that went like this:

SETUP

- Each player gets 15 Room Cards
- Each player gets 5 spell Cards

PHASE 1 BUILD

- The first turn each player build the best 5 room dungeon they can with all their room cards, this includes putting advanced room cards on top of ordinary rooms.

PHASE 2 ADVENTURE

- One at a time each, hero is resolved by seeing which dungeon it is baited to and it attempts to go through that dungeon.
- Any player can use spells to help themselves or hinder another player using the normal spell rules

PHASE 3 SCORING

- First player to 10 souls wins
- Last player to lose 5 wounds wins
- OR Play till all the heroes are gone and see who has the most points

SOLO / SOLITAIRE / 1 PLAYER VARIANT

- Winning condition is set to High Score mode, try and get through as much of the Hero Horde as possible.

Any thoughts would be appreciated! Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clayton Helme
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How about adding some co-op rules to this variant!?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BoB 3K
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like it. I kind of feel that this is almost what the real game is-- a tiny bit of skill and decisions, and then a bunch of luck. So this variant just stream-lines it all together into two single phases.

I can see maybe having two rounds like this:
- You get 10 cards and build a 3 room dungeon (using any and all cards including advances), and then go through all the base heroes.
- Then get 5 more cards, and build up your dungeon up to 5 rooms. Then go through the epic heroes.

The, tally up scores: soul points - damage points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.