Klaus Musstermann
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So some recent releases made me re-examine an old favorite, Kath Scarlet. I'm thinking this should be a blast:

Kath Scarlet + Marksmanship = generate crits that can translate to stress (an idea as old as Kath)

+ Slave I + Flechette Torpedoes + Munitions Failsafe = some more stress, most useful at Range 3, that can stack with her power for 2 stress if lucky

+ Tactician (proxied, casual play here) = some more stress at Range 2, stacking with her power and the Torpedoes

+ Cluster Missiles = well I have Marksmanship anyway and when fired at Range 2 they stack with Tactician sooo...

50 points, but I got a really entertaining ship that has a way to give you two to four (!) stress tokens at all ranges.

So, what do I do with the other 50 points? I was thinking I don't have a great way to ionize enemies, so I don't know how else to capitalize on massively stressing key targets. Maybe the traditional 4x Academy Pilot block, reasoning being that stressed enemy aces can't use rolls and boosts to leverage their skill advantages? Maybe 2x PtL Royal Guards because they're nifty and, I dunno, enemies won't be as likely to splash them if they're too stressed to focus?

Advice please!

P.S. Hey what's the ruling on Munitions Failsafe and Cluster Missiles? I assume you only keep the Clusters if both strikes miss?

P.P.S. I don't own TIE Phantoms or Defenders.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Smith
msg tools
The recent FAQ notes that clusters do have to miss both attacks before munitions failsafe will work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
I think two ptl guards sounds fun to play with that.

Also has the side benefit of being able to alter a Firespray and have a very red themed squad!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Astoria
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SuperKlaus wrote:
So, what do I do with the other 50 points? I was thinking I don't have a great way to ionize enemies, so I don't know how else to capitalize on massively stressing key targets.

A pair of Gamma-squadron bombers with 2x ion pulse missiles and a munitions failsafe, each? That's a single large ship you can one-turn-ionize four times in a row, or let Kath focus on stressing the hell out of the large ship and the pair of bombers spend two turns ionizing anything else they can see...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen T
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kath+Slave+Flechette+Rebel Captive
Echo+VI+ACD+FCS
Dark Curse+Stealth

Dark Curse is a very un-appealing target, which should let you get a lot of high-quality range 1 shots. Echo NEEDs to stay on the edges of the fight, and alive, or the game ends very quickly. Kath will need to be as defensive as possible as well, because with only 3 ships any early losses will be impossible to recover.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.