Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
rubasurex
Australia
Brisbane
QLD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Had a situation come up in a recent game where Amanda (Prom Queen) had one wound on her and the Zombie Card Hysteria played on her, which allows the Zombie Player to cancel any Hero Event played on her on a roll of 3+.

Becky (The Nurse) ended her turn in Amanda's space and proceeded to use her First Aid ability to heal Amanda.

So my question is, can the Zombie Player (using Hysteria in this case) try to cancel Becky's ability when she plays it on Amanda? I guess the real argument here is, do Hero Abilities count as Hero Events?

My first reaction was No. However I vaguely remember reading something somewhere in a rule book or an FAQ that seemed to indicate differently. Of course now I can't find it anywhere, so I've turned to the forums. :-)

I own the core game, plus Timber Peak, plus every single expansion and promo released for the game, so it is A LOT of rule books to pour over.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hurd
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The card itself has the answer.

"...cancel any Hero Event card played..." (my emphasis)

Sometimes the plain text is too easy to overlook.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rubasurex
Australia
Brisbane
QLD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hey that's a pretty good point, which makes a lot of sense. Cheers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.