Mage Knight Board Game» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: PBF ltank Moderator rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Moss
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
I have never played any sort of play by forum but since picking up Mage Knight it seems fun and has a nice depth of strategy. Play by forum seems fun so if anyone would like to play in a league format(4 or 5 players who agree to moderate 1 game and play the other 3 or 4) than I wouldn't mind moderating the first game. In fact it will be nice to see everyone's hand, board position and how they move across the board.

I only have the first version and my ability to post will start poorly but I should be able to pick it up quickly.

So if anyone would like to play post here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C L
United States
Fairborn
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
I might be interested, but how do you do it? I have never even heard of PBF before, but I'm intrigued.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Moss
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Well there is a basic outline thread that I noticed this would be my first time as well so I have little experience.

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/973955/so-you-want-play-foru...

I'm not sure what the pacing is I would think they would take several days as people wait on others turns.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deniss Zilajevs
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in as long as my turn to moderate is not happening before mid of August. Which in fact means that it is not the 1st game.

One of the biggest challenge of PBF games - keeping focus on the game even if You have no chance of winning. Just for the sake of keeping the game on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Check out some of the many other PBF posts on here to see how they handle it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aron D
United States
Erie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ltank wrote:
I'm not sure what the pacing is I would think they would take several days as people wait on others turns.

Just want to point out that you should plan on several months (not days). Typically 1 turn a day per player should be the expectation. Especially since you are likely to have people in different time zones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Moss
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Alright it sounds like it will be a little slower than I thought I was thinking two turns a day but it looks more like it will two turns in three. Once we have the total number we need I will set up a board (I'll look at the the other PBF's for a basic example of how it is handled).

Then I will have players choose their character I may impose an order here, tactics will be chosen in the opposite order and then we will be off.

Learning as we go.

Vufer is the first player to express an interest so he will likely be in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Moss
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Hopefully we can keep an interest in keeping the game going with the players falling behind with either a competition to keep from being last or the basic goal of getting to the next game in the series.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pawel Bulacz
Poland
Kraków
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Such league will take approx 1 year
One game is 2-3 month.
Unless you are all from one time zone and the moderator checks site quite often.
I'm playing pbf for quite a long time and to make it more enjoyable use some flavour text.
Good luck. It is fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Moss
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Alright lets start with the first game. We need a few more players. I would have thought there would be some people lurking who want to get in on some games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ed monk
Guatemala
flag msg tools
hey
I would absolutley love to play. I am arooned in Guatemala with no gaming opportunities, love this game, experienced enough to play a decent game, but new to bgg
Pleaseconsider me, every time I see a start up thread I have been way too late
cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ed monk
Guatemala
flag msg tools
Although not sure I would be a good moderator time limitations & computer illiteracy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Cartwright
United Kingdom
cardiff
south glamorgan
flag msg tools
mbmb
I would like to try-haven't pbf before so please be patient!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ed monk
Guatemala
flag msg tools
I am pretty sure I could do all moderatiomn APART FROM THE MAP. If someone does the map I can do the rest

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Moss
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Well I guess it was a good plan to sort of step a way for a couple days, I need to get used to the speed of the forums here. We can think about the ability of others to do the moderation after the first game. I am sure I have all the tools for moderation.

It looks like we have interest from Ed Monk,Dave Cartwright, and Deniss Zilajevs. That's enough to get started but we will give it till the end of day for a fourth. I will want a confirmation from these mentioned players to make you sure you are ready.

Deniss has first choice of where should would like to be in the choose characters list. Followed by Ed and then Dave. If another comes his order will be given by the other choices.

Remember first to choose character last to choose tactic.

Let's have fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deniss Zilajevs
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You don't need to call me by First/Last name. Denis is fine. (Vufer is fine as well.)

However I think that we can/should split this conversation. I mean - we can (and probably should) have this one as a general talk.

As for the exact game: I think we should have a separate topic, stating scenario, players, rules, custom rules/notes (not necessary in this order).

I also think we should randomize the order of choosing Mages although it's Your call (as moderator), although this should be mentioned in rules' section.

And yes, I think I will be able to moderate the 2nd game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Moss
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
It seemed when looking at the forums that they just played in the topic that started them. But I have no problem starting a new topic if everyone agrees. Random character choice order is also fine. If everyone is in agreement.

Testing map image insertion

Testing die roll
source 5mkd[{image}] -> ( Gold Gold Blue Gold Gold) -> (
) [+]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 578827. ltank
  • 5mkd[{image}] =
  • ( Gold Gold Blue Gold Gold) =
  • (iid:1554403iid:1554403iid:1554404iid:1554403iid:1554403)
  • source
  • Tue Aug 5, 2014 3:46 pm
Ryan Moss
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Alright the day has passed. I think we can have a basic vote for what type of game we want. Between Basic Conquest Mines Liberation and the Druid Nights. PvP is also up for vote. We are still waiting for the check in of the players so that vote will constitute the check in.

I don't care about PvP but I have no experience so I will have to read the rules if it ever comes up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deniss Zilajevs
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anything is fine for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Moss
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
I think we are again looking for more players we have Denis but it doesn't seem as though we have anyone else.

More players welcome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ed monk
Guatemala
flag msg tools
Sorry guys I am back, in the styx and internet was down, then I was waiting for Dave who I knowand who is busy for a while. Moderators call I guess if we keep waiting or start with who we have.
I never played PvP but it does seem a bad tactic apart from 2 player / team games.
Not a big fan of full conquest, mine liberation gets my vote
Cannot believe how little interest there is
Thanks for the opportunity

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ed monk
Guatemala
flag msg tools
Dave will be away for a week ish. Vufer, I recognise your name, did you play in earlier forums?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip
Canada
Moncton
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm currently playing in 2 games, and moderating 1.

So these are my first 3 pbf. Both of my games have been going on for 4 months.

Some vacation, RL thing will happen.

I suggest go with what you have since it's yours first time. If you have some question.. GeekMail me and i'll try to reply when i get a chance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deniss Zilajevs
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You mean in earlier games on BGG? Yes, I had. I even moderated 1 game.

That's if we speak ab MK alone. I've also played a bunch of forum BSG, DP & aGoT games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Moss
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Well at the current pace it doesn't sound so bad to wait a week for Dave, however I wouldn't want to wait a week for everyone of his posts. Ed seems to know him what sort of pace could we expect if we wait the week for him?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [16] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.