Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shadow ruxer
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,
I recently bought this game and have played several games with Jinteki Vs. Shaper. The possibilities and strategy is amazing and I have still found no reason to even try a new corporation or runner yet but before I get to ahead of myself I want to make sure I am playing the game correctly.

1.If the runner steals an agenda do they get to use the special for it? Like if they steal security force can they spend clicks to give meat damage? I am assuming not as the corporation doesnt have to worry about a depleted hand (only R&D)

2. If the corporation has advanced security force agenda twice can he spend one click to give two meat damage? Or does having an additional security force just negate the original?

3.Does Nisei MKII allow you to stop the runner at ANY time? For instance allow them to get through all of your ice and spend resources and then end the run when they get access?

4. When using assets like mining corp. They must be installed correct? You cant just spend one coin and all three clicks to use it once?

Thanks Everyone! ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wood
United States
Grapevine
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) No, Agendas are inactive in the runner score area, unless it says otherwise

2) No, you can only spend 1 click per a card, so any time you have 2 of anything that costs a click to activate you must select one. It doesn't negate the original, but it does give you a backup if you decide to forfiet one of your Private Security Forces

3) ANytime you can spend paid abilities, which is during a turn after each players click, or as specified in the Timing structure of a Run

http://netrunnerdb.com/en/rules#tsr

4) Yes, they must be installed AND rezzed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Hedberg
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
the_shadow447 wrote:
2. If the corporation has advanced security force agenda twice can he spend one click to give two meat damage? Or does having an additional security force just negate the original?

Again! There must be some recent game where having multiple copies of a card lets you spend something to use all of their abilities at once. Can anyone think of a game with a rule like this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shadow ruxer
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hmmm, possibly mage wars. It has card effects which stack. Such as regen. angry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoshi
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Please search the forums before posting new questions, a couple of your questions have been asked 3-5 times already only in the last 2-3 days. By searching you'll learn the game better and keep the forums lean and easy to use for other people also

With that said, welcome to Netrunner, hope you enjoy the game and stay with us for some time
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evgeny Reznikov
Israel
Haifa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
the_shadow447 wrote:
1.If the runner steals an agenda do they get to use the special for it? Like if they steal security force can they spend clicks to give meat damage? I am assuming not as the corporation doesnt have to worry about a depleted hand (only R&D)

As has been stated, agendas are only active in the Corporation's score area.

An additional point is that only the runner can take damage. There is no rule for the corp to do so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Finkel
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the_shadow447 wrote:

Another thing worries me about this question. Here's how Private Security Force normally works: you spend a click to install the card in a remote server, you spend 4 clicks and 4 credits over the next couple turns to advance it 4 times, and then you score it. Once it's in your score region as the corp, the text on it is now active, and you can now spend clicks to deal 1 meat damage to the runner if they are tagged.

If you've installed Private Security Force and advanced it twice, it is still not scored and has no effect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Perry
United States
La Jolla
California
flag msg tools
Woot!
badge
I have overtext!
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, crazy that this question keeps getting asked (especially so many times in the last week)?

Honest question: why would you think you can pay a cost in two different places? It doesn't seem intuitively like this should be the case at all. Maybe it is just that you think to yourself "Well, scoring a second PSF doesn't do nothing, right? So it must stack?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Wray
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
theodorelogan wrote:
Wow, crazy that this question keeps getting asked (especially so many times in the last week)?

Honest question: why would you think you can pay a cost in two different places? It doesn't seem intuitively like this should be the case at all. Maybe it is just that you think to yourself "Well, scoring a second PSF doesn't do nothing, right? So it must stack?"

To be fair, the core decks give you multiple copies, which would make one wonder "what's the point of scoring more than one?"

The answer: points (which isn't necessarily intuitive)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
Sometimes you have to roll the hard six.
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh boy...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Palpster
Netherlands
Nunspeet
Gelderland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Azeltir wrote:
the_shadow447 wrote:

Another thing worries me about this question. Here's how Private Security Force normally works: you spend a click to install the card in a remote server, you spend 4 clicks and 4 credits over the next couple turns to advance it 4 times, and then you score it. Once it's in your score region as the corp, the text on it is now active, and you can now spend clicks to deal 1 meat damage to the runner if they are tagged.

If you've installed Private Security Force and advanced it twice, it is still not scored and has no effect.

I think he meant to ask wether one click will do two meat damage when two Private Security Forces are scored...seems to me he mixed up advanced and scored which is somewhat understandable for a new player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.