New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmb
Post your ideas for features to make new and improved Marketplace even better!

We won't be able to implement all of the ideas that get posted, but they will all be given consideration.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerry Daigle
United States
Avondale
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Would it be possible to add a page navigation bar to the bottom the of the page on the "Find My Wants" page so that you don't have to scroll all the way to the top to go to the next page when scrolling through the pages? I know it's minor, but just something I noticed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
"Federer is Betterer"
mbmbmbmbmb
... "before we getting to" ... sp
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Bazler
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
"Come, and trip it as you go..."
badge
"...on the light fantastic toe."
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there any way you could allow users to make the details of their purchase history private? I've always found it unsettling that when looking at someone's buyer/seller ratings, you can click on an order number and see the details of their purchase, including the price they paid. I consider that personal information and would prefer to make that private.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murr Rockstroh
United States
Fleming Island
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As long as you're changing things. I have over 150 games on my want list. Can we have a "Group By" option.

1) I'd like to be able to group by game title and then expand the game out to see who's selling it.

2) I'd also like to be able to group by seller (Sorting by seller would be a start) so I can see who's selling games that I want. Bulk orders save on shipping sometimes.

3) I'd like to be able to group by my wish list rating 1-Love to have, etc.

4) I can also see using a group by "Wishlist" and "Want to Buy" (never understood the difference between those lists, but am sure someone's making use of them).

5) Within each of these groupings, possibly a sub grouping of what country they're coming from.

All kinds of things you could do with grouping and sub grouping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Murr wrote:

4) I can also see using a group by "Wishlist" and "Want to Buy" (never understood the difference between those lists, but am sure someone's making use of them).

I agree about not really seeing a difference so I use my Want To Buy for something unrelated.

Having said that'Find My Wants' appears to pull from 'Want to Buy' and 'Wishlist'.
Any chance you could make that be selected. I actually wouldn't mind seeing 'Want in Trade' as an option.

So something like 'Find My Wants' using games from:
x Want in Trade
x Wishlist
x Want to Buy

Where x is a box you can check/uncheck

Some games on My Want in trade, I'd consider actually buying if the price is right or perhaps I'm already buying another game from that user and want to take advantage of combining shipping

Thank you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there anyway to display all of listed items on a single page? Referring to Inventory->Manage and Inventory->Price Comparator.

It's so much quicker to do a control+f to find a game that I need to edit or change its status than it is to flip thru 6 pages
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davido
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Summarize totals for commissions so we can see how much we've kicked back to BGG
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judy Krauss
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
but I'm not the only one
badge
My hands are small, I know, but they're not yours, they are my own
mbmbmbmbmb
The new version is clunkier in some ways.

I especially don't like how I cannot see my notes for the game (where I detail the condition, extras, etc.) from my MANAGE inventory list. It makes me click on each game which then opens in a new page.

The Confirm Sale page needs to let us leave the Shipping cost blank. (It won't let me confirm a sale if I leave it blank, type a note like as "agreed via geekmail" or "combining postage" and it won't even accept and amount with a $ in front of it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Vitek
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Please, for all that is good in the world, add the Page links to the bottom of the pages (for multiple page returns) so that when we browse top to bottom, we can click the link at the bottom without having to go all the way back to the top.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd love to have the GeekMarket open in a new tab by default rather than the same tab as BGG.com.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
He went overloading on testing and coding and his name was
United Kingdom
Redhill
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
Support comes in many forms: community involvement, forum posts, submitting data, running PbF games, word-of-mouth advertising, financial donations... All these are vital to this site, and you have my sincere thanks for participating in any of them.
badge
Currently: planning.
mbmbmbmbmb
Suggestion: include the link in the RPG Geek and VGG interfaces as well, please.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent
Netherlands
Arnhem
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure if this isn't already possible, but if I cancel an order would it be possible to relist it? I created an item for a specific user but someone else clicked on it.

*edit*
Mentioned in the other thread, but repeated here: add banktransfer as an option.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
Malta
Marsalforn
Gozo, Malta
flag msg tools
badge
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
belial1134 wrote:
Murr wrote:

I agree about not really seeing a difference so I use my Want To Buy for something unrelated.

Having said that'Find My Wants' appears to pull from 'Want to Buy' and 'Wishlist'.
Any chance you could make that be selected. I actually wouldn't mind seeing 'Want in Trade' as an option.

So something like 'Find My Wants' using games from:
x Want in Trade
x Wishlist
x Want to Buy

Where x is a box you can check/uncheck

Some games on My Want in trade, I'd consider actually buying if the price is right or perhaps I'm already buying another game from that user and want to take advantage of combining shipping

Thank you

Going one step farther, I'd love to see "search by wishlist rank 1-5" because maybe I only want to see all my "must haves" and not all my "thinking abouts"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Pachner
Germany
Aßlar
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
belial1134 wrote:

Not for me, I have 530 items on my Wishlist but Find My Wants says "No Items Found." I assume at least one of those 530 games must be for sale.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jürgen V
Belgium
Oostende
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Could it be possible to confirm the shipping price on a later date, as sometimes there are several options from with a buyer can chose when he has bought a game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Netherlands
flag msg tools
       This space              intentionally              left blank.
badge
Please don't generate the entire login dialog in the DOM at all for users who're already logged in. I have a password manager with timing out master password set. It recognizes that it has a password saved for this domain, and sees a password field in the DOM, so it asks me for my master password every time; completely unnecessary, since I'll never see that login form as I'm already logged in.

(I really wish Angular encouraged more webby thinking, where what's in the DOM originally actually matters. Yes, it'll be transformed, but the client still gets the original template. This is getting so bad for accessibility, and browser tools based on the original DOM are starting to suffer a lot, too.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kat Tastrophy
United States
Alexandria
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
INVENTORY > MANAGE

At item listing only functions for listed item functions are EDIT and DELETE.

Can SUSPEND be added back as a function?

Users may use the SUSPEND function should a game be posted to a Math Trade but then relist if the game did not trade. The relist action could be done as functions in the suspend list of RELIST and DELETE.

ACCOUNT > ITEM SIGNATURE

I had no idea what this was until I opened the window to see that description indicate it was SELLER POLICIES. Can the name for this section match it's use, a la similar naming as those other evil online auction sites?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Geggus
United Kingdom
Brentwood,
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A very simple idea that was tried a few years back to some confusion and argument.

Can/should all entries have a time limit ie. if not sold within, say, 12 months, they are removed automatically and need to be re-entered. That should thin the Marketplace out and make for a leaner and more effective site.

I realise that this is a pain for many big sellers, but for buyers it makes a lot of sense if you know you are actually looking at viable purchases.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Ahiksking wrote:
Can/should all entries have a time limit ie. if not sold within, say, 12 months, they are removed automatically and need to be re-entered.
That makes sense - but "suspend" the item rather than delete it so if it is still a valid offer it can just be unsuspended.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It is possible to filter listings by where items are shippable TO, but can the same be done for where they are shipped FROM?

There is an 'item location' recorded (or at least there was in the old display) so this should be possible and would make it much easier to find viable offers where e.g. intercontinental shipping is likely to be completely uneconomic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The sales reports e.g. http://boardgamegeek.com/geekmarket/account/sales?year=2014&... don't show the name of the item sold - it would be really helpful if it did, even if just for re-listing copy and paste.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Pachner
Germany
Aßlar
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Katastrophy9 wrote:
INVENTORY > MANAGE

At item listing only functions for listed item functions are EDIT and DELETE.

Can SUSPEND be added back as a function?

It's there, the "Available" button is a toggle switch. Click it and it becomes "Suspended" and vice versa.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
the_vinman wrote:
Not sure if this isn't already possible, but if I cancel an order would it be possible to relist it? I created an item for a specific user but someone else clicked on it.

Even better if there were a 'relist' button for confirmed sales where one has more than one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Pasquale
United States
Paradise Valley
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The new format is great.

One suggested enhancement, include the BGG rating next to the game name and enable sorting by this field. This would be valuable when viewing the inventory of a particular seller who has a game or two you want to buy, but you also want to ponder unfamiliar games in their inventory to possibly add to your purchase/shipment.

Some sellers have 100's of unfamiliar games for sale, sorting by the BGG rating would be a way to narrow down those worthy of looking into further. devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [30] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.