Subject: This game is dead rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dustin
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dunno if anyone missed it in the kickstarter comments, but the current form of this game is dead. They are thinking about doing something without using deck building as a mechanic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diana craciun
Canada
Ajax
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is sad. Because in my opinion (which means nothing) some games do well during the KS period but once it is up for sale it goes down and other games starts slowly but as long as new idea`s are injected into the game thru new product (deck building for Card games or Expansions for Board games) it increases popularity which equals more revenue.

Looking back the KS for this missed out by $4,500.
I think it would not hurt if they try again maybe at the time they started the KS is a period in which majority of the people were low on cash.

I would not have done a KS in DECEMBER when most people are stressed to purchase gifts and stay alive maintaining the bills so extra cash to throw out in december for a KS is very limited, if the game was already out then yes, people would buy it as a gift but as i SAID WHAT DO i KNOW which is
nothing but I would certainly not done a KS in December.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly N.
United States
Richmond
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good points Diana.

I have to say, despite its "deck building" element, I found this game to be fresh and a lot of fun. It never really felt like a deck builder to me, mainly because of the different strengths depending on the side you were playing.

I too am saddened by the news.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derak Morrell
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been working on and the more I do, the more I love the way it plays. I'm going to keep the base mechanics and set mostly the same. I'm working on actually just adding parts of the expansion to the base game.

The main reason I haven't reposted it on Kickstarter is money. I need money to advertise it. I lost the money I put in last time and I can't take that hit again right now. I also don't want to have Josh do work that I can't pay him for if the game doesn't launch next time.

I'm hoping to build up the funds to get this game off the ground again and try to make the base game more affordable and fix all of the things I talked about in the postmortem on the Kickstarter site. I'm happy to hear the feedback from you guys that you liked it so much, it means a lot to me. =)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
awesome to get an update!

any chance of getting a new print and play?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derak Morrell
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That is one of the things I'm working on. Once I balance for changes there will be a new print and play which will be more of a demo version of the game (I know it's a bummer to not have a full version). I need to scale down the print and play so it is more accessible for those that don't want to put in the time and expense for a full game version.

I also need to do the international shipping tricks that everyone else is using.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly N.
United States
Richmond
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
if you make it to GenCon, be sure to check out John Wrot! 's Kickstarter seminars. He may have some cost cutting ideas. If you aren't going to GenCon, contact him here on BGG. He is always willing to help fellow designers and Kickstarter creators.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well if you need a playtester let me know :)

And I'm still willing to demo the game at my local store. (most recent one I did was epic resort)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derak Morrell
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kelly, that's rad that you mentioned John. I met him at Strategicon about 6 months ago. He is really nice. I like King's Armory a lot!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly N.
United States
Richmond
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, I definitely backed The King's Armory. But through the process, John has become a real friend of mine here on BGG. Also through that process, I've discovered what a great human being that dude is, and his tireless efforts to help people out.....including fellow Kickstarter game designers/entrepreneurs.

Hang in there Derak....I believe you have a winner here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.