Unsolvable Riddle
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I have recently flipped through my SW binders and haven't played this in quite some time (lack of opponents). I've found someone that is interested in playing this with me (potentially a lot) but who is pretty new to card games in general.

I have multiple core sets, the entire Hoth cycle and 2x Edge of Darkness. I'm looking for two balanced decks (one for each side) that are not overly complex/tricky to play.

Iirc my cards were roughly up to date around 2013 GenCon and the relevant decks where Smugglers (Superfriends, Sleuth) and something like talon role Imperial or Sith control of sorts (never bad).
The smuggler decks might already be too tricky to play'for my purposes.

Any suggested decklists would be helpful. Basically I'm looking for
1) Not too tricky to play/understand
2) As balanced as possible since we'll just play the same side over and over for a bit and then I'll move towards deck building/tournament rules

Ideally the decks won't be superweak but as long as they play well vs eachother I'm fine with relatively weak decks (and in fact it may help point out some deck building ideas later if they can be improved)

I only remember that I tried building decks that fit those criteria when I had only core sets and they were kind of inbalanced/I wasn't really happy with them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arvils Feldmanis
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Then i would suggest you to try pre-made decklists in rules. And add few objective sets (So they would be 10) that will compliment thouse decks

And of curse you can check: www.cardgamedb.com

For pre-made decks and other usefull stuff

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett
United States
Laredo
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would suggest these two:

Smuggles and Spies Affiliation
2x Questionable Contacts
2x Trust Me
2x Wookiee Life Debt
2x Asteroid Sanctuary
1x Renegade Squadron Mobilization
1x To Arms!

Sith Affiliation
2x Fall of the Jedi
2x Counsel of the Sith
2x The Emperor's Web
2x The Killing Cold
1x Shadows on the Ice
1x Cruel Interrogations

They may not fit your play styles, but I like these and find them pretty powerful. The first one is just plain fun, but also packs a punch. The second one is similar to the one I won a 2013 regional with.

EDIT: Nope, my regional deck had no Shadows on the Ice and two Cruel Interrogations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Unsolvable Riddle
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, I like the DS deck. Not sure about the Hoth subtheme but it seems cool enough + I kind of like Cruel Interrogations for the fun factor.

Maybe I'll run some Imperial stuff like defense protocol (+ Imperial affiliation) instead eventhough Talon Roll is also kind of tricky.

LS deck seems good, I'll use that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
badalchemist
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Man, just throw sets together that sound fun and play against yourself to test them out!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.