Hide
10 Posts

Legendary: Guardians of the Galaxy» Forums » General

Subject: Words are the key! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kenneth Redmon
msg tools
I was thinking about this and I got to looking around and found IronSyndicate had the same idea so I wanted to give him credit too.

This thread is about any thoughts what the new keywords or abilities of the card set will be. I must admit as I don't know much GotG lore so I can't start it, but I would be interested to see what other more knowledgeable fans think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
craghen king
msg tools
I would like to see more focus
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Finnegan
msg tools
mb
Would like to see some more Versatile cards. Think Star-Lord is a good candidate for that. Wouldnt mind seeing cosmic threat used on thanos' group as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Harper

Bakersfield
California
msg tools
Yeah, I don't know why new key words/effects are introduced in expansions never to be heard of again. I'd love to see more characters with Focus, Versatile, Teleport, Wall Crawl and others (where they apply) in other expansions.

Focus and Versatile are so generic in theme that we could certainly see them on more characters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Bresnan
United States
Decatur
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to see Coordinate like they have in Encounters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Redmon
msg tools
I haven't played encounters can you explain that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Noble
United Kingdom
Newbury
Berkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yalsnum wrote:
I haven't played encounters can you explain that?

The Coordinate keyword basically means you can use the card to help the active player when it's not your turn.

So on Player A's turn, Player B can use a card with Coordinate keyword. They set it aside (out of play) and draw a new card to their hand. Player A 'borrows' a copy of the Coordinate card to supplement their recruit or attack strength (usually) - they don't physically take the card, just apply the stats / effect.

During Player A's Clean Up phase Player B will put the card in their own discard pile.

You can only play one coordinate on one player per turn, but multiple players can each play a coordinate to help the active player.

It's really useful for taking down tougher bosses.

An example of one card is... If I play it on my own turn it gives 3 recruit points, but if I play it as a Coordinate action it gives the active player 3 Attack instead.

I'd like to see this used more as well.

Also, for info (as you've not played Encounters), there's also the following keywords:

Vigilant: Card stays in play for multiple turns (normally until you decide to discard it to get it's effect on your turn) and does not count to hand limit. It also only gives the class / character icon bonuses on the turn it is played

Sacrifice: Play the card as normal on your turn, but can be killed for additional effect (card is out of the game, not added to discard pile)

Mobilize: Grants some sort of ability immediately when first gained (from HQ / Barracks), but the effect is ignored in future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Rosenbaum
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think one of the coolest mechanics in Encounters that I'd like to see migrated into Marvel is Villains with a "Twist" keyword ("Event" in Encounters).
Basically, it's a villain who's nasty on its own, but if a Scheme Twist pops out while that Villain is in the city - he does something extra.

I think that's a brilliant mechanic, and it offers so much room to play around with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Head Zach
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Footloose: When played, immediately stand up and perform a quick dance maneuver. If nothing gets knocked over (including people), the listed effect takes place. You may play this out of turn to distract turd-blossoms.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan R
United States
ALBUQUERQUE
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really hope they avoid adding new keywords and give some depth to the older ones.

Focus, Versatile, etc like others have mentioned. The one thing I disliked with Vs System was the keyword fest each new set created.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.