10 Posts

Memoir '44» Forums » Rules

Subject: A couple questions about Tigers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The Man
msg tools
1. Are these the later "King Tigers"?
2. If a retreat is cut off, or impossible, resulting in hit, does this hit need to be confirmed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clexton27
United States
Forest
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
conedguy wrote:
2. If a retreat is cut off, or impossible, resulting in hit, does this hit need to be confirmed?

The model sculpts are not King Tigers.

When a Tiger is blocked from retreating and a FLAG is tossed in the battle
Phase, it does count as a Hit. However, all Hits are rerolled and only the GRENADE on the reroll will count as a kill.

Nice answer sheet:
http://files.geekdo.com/geekfile_download.php?filetype=appli...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
StevenE Smooth Sailing...
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

The FAQ, page 36 - Tigers, makes no mention of flags being hits.

Tanks and Grenades are the only symbols that hit Armor Units
In some cases Stars also hit Armor Units

A Tiger would re-roll a hit and be eliminated if a Grenade is rolled

Flags are flags and cause a unit to retreat
Armor Units will lose a figure for every hex they cannot retreat (blockage by another unit or restricted terrain)

I am unsure if a blocked retreat is counted as a hit on a Tiger

From the Tiger - Card Compendium discussion

pocloclo says
2010-09-14 13:08:28
tigers and flags 3 (Comment / Question)

All hits have to be re-rolled, so a unit that hits with a star sees his stars re-rolled. The same thing happens with a command card that hits with other symbols.
The Tiger has to retreat for the flags rolled against him. But if he can not retreat, the rules say: "If a unit cannot retreat; is forced to retreat off the limits of the battlefield; or would be pushed back onto a sea hex, one figure must be removed from the unit for each retreat move that cannot be completed". The rules say nothing about a hit so a tiger that cannot retreat would be eliminated with no re-roll?
Folowing the same rulebook, retreats happen after resolving hits.

Maybe RB or Jesse will have a definitive answer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Karl
United States
Vienna
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The definitive answer was given above. Flags and anything else that normally causes a figure to be removed from an armor unit is a "hit". For instance, if a Tank Destroyer rolls a star, or an Air Power rolls a star those are hits. Same as flags. All "hits" are rerolled and then only a grenade in the reroll destroys the Tiger.

The only exception is if Tiger tries to cross a frozen river. A star is an immediate hit in this case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
StevenE Smooth Sailing...
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rongammer wrote:
mzungu wrote:
conedguy wrote:

Phase, it does count as a Hit. However, all Hits are rerolled and only the GRENADE on the reroll will count as a kill.

Nice answer sheet:
http://files.geekdo.com/geekfile_download.php?filetype=appli...

That link should be:
http://boardgamegeek.com/file/download/76wcfopxma/mm_tiger_t...

For the detailed rules sheet on Tigers!

"And while the hordes of death are mighty, the battalions of life are mightier still. It is my hope that my son, when I am gone, will remember me not from the battle but in the home repeating with him our simple daily prayer, 'Our Father who art in heaven." Douglas MacArthur <
http://militarywargaming.com (gaming and miniatures)

And there you have it...whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clexton27
United States
Forest
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mzungu wrote:
conedguy wrote:

Just as I said the first time.whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Man
msg tools
Is this Tigers detailed rules sheet official?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clexton27
United States
Forest
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
conedguy wrote:
Is this Tigers detailed rules sheet official?

It is not "OFFICIAL", but it is correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Man
msg tools
Steven E has a point, if removing figures in a retreat is the same as a hit. When I asked if it is official, I meant if the definition of removing figures in a retreat = hit, has been answered officially, that the rules summary uses.

It's OK if the rules summary is hommeade, as long as the answers the use are official.

It affects significantly how powerful Tigers are, and if removing figures in a retreat skips the "hit " stage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clexton27
United States
Forest
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are asking if every FLAG rolled against a Tiger that can not be taken counts as a "hit" - you are correct. However, a "hit" does not immediately destroy a Tiger (one of these hits may be the result of a retreat FLAG that cannot be taken). Every "hit" must be rolled again. So if you have three hits against a Tiger, then you must reroll three dice. If one of the rerolled dice is a GRENADE then the Tiger is destroyed, otherwise, nothing happens and play moves on.

This is the OFFICIAL ruling.
It is clearly explained on the "homemade" help sheet.

When I said that the home made help sheet was not "official", I meant that it was not a product of DOW and sanctioned by them, however it is correct in that it accurately reflects how the rules for Tigers are to be implemented. I am sorry for any confusion I may have caused. English is an odd and varied language.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.