Alex GB
United Kingdom
flag msg tools

Hi all,

Just wondered if anyone had thought about having a go at making swing-wings on the Z-95 Headhunter model? According to a few different sources, the Z-95 MkI had swing-wings.... From good old Star Wars Wookiepedia:

"Considered one of the most capable fighters of its day, it boasted a distinctive bubble canopy and a set of triple blasters mounted at the ends of each of its two variable geometry wings; later versions dispensed with the swing wings and bubble canopy in favor of more precise maneuvering thrusters and canopy instrumentation."

Anyway, thought it might be nice to see a couple with the older swing-wing design.

There are a couple of interesting mods someone has done with larger scale Z-95 models: http://www.alfredsmind.ca/commissions/samples119.html

Something like that might be tricky on the FFG models though as it'd almost definitely involve moving the blasters and under-slung missile tubes... Thoughts, anyone?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Brown
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
There is no reason to have two A's at the beginning of aardvark. I simply won't do it.
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks cool, but almost makes it more like an E-Wing than a Z95

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Sweat
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
Wow. Those models looked amazingly sweet. I'm not sure that I would still call them Z-95s, but I want those in the game super bad now. They should probably have slightly different stats though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.