Hide
7 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Europe » Netherlands

Subject: Koopzondag rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric M
msg tools
Anybody knows if boardgames shops in Utrecht opens this sunday? a colleague told me there's something called Koopzondag when shops opens first month's sunday...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric M
msg tools
Subcultures already replied they are not open...argh...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent
Netherlands
Arnhem
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In Arnhem I know at least one of the gamestores is open (Avondtuur). That's if you're willing to travel.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Haaken
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
Check my YouTube channel "Boardgame Heaven"!
badge
Feel free to geekmail me about reviews, or if you need a microbadge designed. * Click the yellow microbadge for discounted microbadges!! *
mbmbmbmbmb
MaXKvLeRa wrote:
Subcultures already replied they are not open...argh...
That's a shame. Great store that is!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Dekker
Netherlands
Aagtekerke
Zeeland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Snaak wrote:
I'd advise you to send a mail to the shop's info address or call them (if the info itself is not on their website).

On Koopzondag most stores are open, but not all, and when it comes to niche markets like boardgames the chances are that the shop owners don't feel it's worth it.

You would say that its a perfect moment to open your store and get people in playing some games. (if your store allows it with the space you have).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart R.
Belgium
Tongeren
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I mailed all the stores about the same subject last year, but only one replied... I did still pass by all of them as they are all in or near the city centre, but window shopping was all I got

It's not that uncommon though, I know for instance that Vlieg Er Uit in Maastricht is usually closed on koopzondag. In this case, it's also understandable, as this shop is somewhat outside the city centre and thus unlikely to get any passing trade.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.