Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Poniske
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're going to be at WBC, come join the LW tourney Friday @ 9am in the Lampeter Room, or at least sit in on the Demo Thursday @ 9pm in Terrace #1

Michel, Wade Bill and I hope to see you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Schmittgens
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm bringing my copy and hope to get in a game. But I've got a potential conflict at noon - GMing the semi- and final of Automobile. Maybe a quick game?

Ain't WBC great?!?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Poniske
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It is. Ah come when you can there will be a game to be had!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Guttag
United States
West Chester
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey John,

As previously noted, I should be there. Still boning up on the LW rules, as currently understood. May step in on the demo Thursday night to get my bearings on the flow of this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Britt Strickland
United Kingdom
Oxford
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Sounds great. Thanks for the invite. Looking forward to it. See you guys there.

I've been reading the rules and the game looks terrific. I will have my copy with me.

Best,

Britt
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Poniske
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Will be good to see you, Britt.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Poniske
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Guys the demo and tournament went wonderfully.

Had about 20, in and out, during the demo. For a 9pm Thursday demo that's not bad. Unfortunately, due to tournament conflicts we were down to 15 committed to the tourney. Although I was told by about a dozen people that if the time were changed they would be there. Wade was there to answer questions but joined in as well. He loves Stonewall (named his dog Stonewall). In a game against Charles Drozd, starting in Virginia, he managed to run Stonewall all the way across the Northern side of the Ohio River through Kentucky (violating KY neutrality) all the way to Mississippi. That Wade, what a joker.

I will be writing and posting an AAR on the tournament in the very near future but as for now, school is starting and I have to get my excrement together. Suffice it to say that it truly was a war of brother against brother as two brothers came in first and second. Ted Drozd first, Charles Drozd second (I hope I spelled their names right). I trailed into third place but only barely - Joe Collinson gave me a run for my money!

More later.

Hey, anybody see/read the LW article that I wrote for MMP's SPECIAL OPS Magazine? It was released at the con. There's an optional rule included that makes CSP a little more interesting.

Pax,
John P.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.