Hide
3 Posts

The Werewolves of Miller's Hollow» Forums » Rules

Subject: 2 Werewolves, one is in love. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mingchun Liu
msg tools
Let's say there are 2 werewolves and 3 townsfolk and werewolf A and townie X were in love. At night werewolf B wants to kill X and werewolf A shakes his head and points to townie Y. Werewolf B inductively reasons that X and A are in love and neither A, B are willing to change their vote.

I think in this case 2 problems pop up. First, if Y is killed then there are 2 werewolves to 2 townspeople so the game is over and B and X both lose as they need to be last ones standing to win. This isn't satisfying as it doesn't give the lovers a chance to win. It seems logical that werewolves win if they aren't outnumbered AND

*lovers are dead
OR
*only werewolves are left

Second problem: If I'm right about the above, then during the situation above a tie vote mean no one dies as there is no way out; if someone must be picked then whomever the moderator doesn't side with loses.

Do you guys agree with my above assessment?

If so, in the case where there are 2 werewolves and one townie and the werewolf and townie are in love and its night time. Should the smitten werewolf be allowed to cancel the other werewolf's vote?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wood
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. The werewolf in love wins, as the condition for werewolves winning has been met for Werewolf A, but Werewolf B, being in love, has met the superceding Love-Win condition, sadly. A needs to up his/her game to get the desired result of lynching Werewolf B and becoming the sole Werewolf left.

2. If the awake (if a werewolf chooses to remain asleep, then I just go with whomever is participating. A werewolf can always wake up and refuse to vote the majority, of course) werewolves can't agree on a victim, then no night killing occurs. This usually puts Werewolf A on the Villager side to get either Werewolf/Lover B or Villager/Lover X lynched where majority can rule....and succeeding would make up for the kill-less night as two fall dead. Of course, Werewolf B will like to take Werewolf A down too, the night activities have clearly put these two on opposite sides, unbeknownst to the villagers. Both Werewolves have the duty now to eliminate the other without revealing themselves (or making the other's revelation a doubted claim).

3. With two werewolves & one townie, the game is over...werewolves equal or outnumber the remaining villagers already. If two of the surviving players are Lovers, then only the Lovers win.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Kolb
United States
Highland Park
NJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Perfect analysis, Jeff! It isn't even remotely a draw!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.