Subject: I'M DONE rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Caleb Smith
United States
Wyoming
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's it. No more. I quit. I'm a fledgling gamer. I have a few titles, and rare is the evening that I get to get a full game. So my time is no longer going to be spent waiting for a game I won't get.

Betrayal was out of stock. Because of Wil's show. They didn't print enough. No one could have been prepared for that. I forgive them for this. First it was we'll have more in January, then that became March. The price on Amazon kept creeping up. $300. $350. $400... My days were spent wallowing in the darkness that was the local thrift store game section. My hope was fading...

Then an announcement came that the new printing would come end of July. That's near my birthday! It's a sign!!!! I shall reap my reward!!! HALLELUJAH!!

As the days crept on, I refused to let doubt cloud my excitement. I had the $35. I had HotWife's permission. This was it! The years of pain and suffering would end. It happened. I get an email from CoolStuff that says it's back in stock. IT'S HAPPENING! I click the link. It brings up the site. ... ... ... ...

out. of. stock.

I sit, crushed, and stare at the screen. I'm not equipped to handle this kind of emotional turmoil. I reach for the phone. Comfort is on it's way. And as I sit and cry over my cheesy deep dish self-medication, I harden myself. It's no longer worth waiting for a game. There are 9999 ranked games on the Geek. This is but one. I shall move on. The sun shall dawn again. Netrunner is on sale.....

So farewell Betrayal. I hardly knew ye. If in some distant future our paths cross, I shall see if our distant fire can be rekindled. Farewell.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J M
United States
Scottdale
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You're really not missing much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Monica Elida Forssell
Norway
Sandnes
flag msg tools
badge
Gone swimming
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel for you

Though I don`t think I have ever felt so emotional about a game before.... Oh, wait, the Kickstarter game I backed, Shipwrights of the North Sea that is two months over due to deliver. Keep strong, fellow gamer! Plenty of fish in the sea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Coolstuff shows 20+ in stock for me?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan B.
United States
Shelby Township
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lfisher wrote:

yep.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Holder
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lfisher wrote:

Same here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Edwards
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Miniature Market has it for $75? A huge price increase, I know, but if the game means that much to you it might be worth it.

But I feel your pain. I too am weary of agonizing over supply issues, price gouging, and reprint dates and would do well to remember that there are a ton of good games that could be on my table tonight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregg S.
United States
North Chesterfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Let me reunite you two.

CSI restocked it a couple of days ago. Currently 20+ on hand.

http://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/135026

Unless I'm missing something and you are talking about something else.

Edit: Hahaha, lots of people looking up the same thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
Midlothian
Virginia
flag msg tools
Man is most nearly himself when he achieves...
badge
We don’t stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, 20+ for me, too. It' say good thing that they limit to two per customer because I had a mind to buy them all just to make this thread really interesting.

Just kidding, my friend. Grab it and enjoy it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Carter
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First off, Betrayal is a fairly old game that has some cobwebs in the corner. It looked fun on Tabletop mostly because Wil Wheaton was playing it and the episode had been edited down to a half hour. Now, it is possible for you to have a good time with the game if you are lucky and get a balanced scenario, but a good chunk of the time, the hero characters will be killed off quickly and it won't be much of a contest.

Secondly, Wizards of the Coast/Avalon Hill don't really care about Betrayal. They have only done a couple print runs of the game since the Tabletop episode and they don't seem to be in a hurry to get the game out there. It's not much of a cash cow for them. I'd be surprised if AH is made up of more than two or three people.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan S
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
What!? I finally get my very own video game, but it's a mobile game?!
mbmbmbmbmb
Level 7 [Escape] is kind of similar to Betrayal at House on the Hill (assuming that's what you're talking about). You place out random rooms in a modular method, and run around exploring them similarly to Betrayal. What's different is there are no traitor mechanics, just you (and friends) against the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy Basi
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It really isn't that great, honestly. I don't understand the crazy hype over this game sometimes.

From Coolstuff's site:

Quote:
Wizards of the Coast expects additional quantities to be available in the near future.
Limit of 2 copies per customer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Taylor G
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AceAceBaby wrote:

Can we have one thread where a newish gamer expresses enthusiasm for a game and the top post isnt crapping on it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J T
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SkitSkatCat wrote:
AceAceBaby wrote:

Can we have one thread where a newish gamer expresses enthusiasm for a game and the top post is crapping on it?

I think you meant isn't, which is why I gave you a thumbsup.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik R.
United States
New York
NY
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SkitSkatCat wrote:
AceAceBaby wrote:

Can we have one thread where a newish gamer expresses enthusiasm for a game and the top post is crapping on it?

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a top post crapping on new gamer enthusiasm - forever."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J M
United States
Scottdale
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SkitSkatCat wrote:
AceAceBaby wrote:

Well, I was just trying to soothe some of that emotional crushing turmoil.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Taylor G
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Neuronaut wrote:
SkitSkatCat wrote:
AceAceBaby wrote:

I think you meant isn't, which is why I gave you a thumbsup.
blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ParisianDreams
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It must have just been re-stocked within the last couple of hours. I was just on the website this morning and it was OOS. Also, walmart.com has it in stock for 49.99 and I believe in my search I found it in stock at toysrus.com too. I'm cdn though and am waiting for it to be in stock at my fave online retailer, which should be Monday or Tuesday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ParisianDreams
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd purchase it quickly if you want a copy, it's down to 19 err 17..ha and I suspect it will be sold in short order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Holder
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What would be really sad if is the original poster had 'Ragequit' after posting the above, and didn't log back in to check supplies until CSI was really out...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's in stock everywhere at the moment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ParisianDreams
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zaphod wrote:
It's in stock everywhere at the moment.

I think some got copies yesterday, but most likely got them today. The Cdn retailer I order from is getting his copies on Monday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Eldard
United States
Burke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CheshirePanda wrote:
. . . I harden myself. . . .

Okay, that's way too much information. I'm outta here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jefferson Krogh
United States
San Leandro
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ugh, I hate when that happens. Hope you can find a copy soon!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Eastwood
United States
Windham
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Chaos is a ladder
mbmbmbmbmb
SkitSkatCat wrote:
AceAceBaby wrote:

Can we have one thread where a newish gamer expresses enthusiasm for a game and the top post isnt crapping on it?

I think I'm going to design a microbadge called "threadcrapper"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.